Whats everybody doing this summer?

800steve

We are busy this fall combining 1,200 AC of beans then another 600 AC of corn here in Ontario. Need until about Nov. 20 to complete harvest, then pray for snow. Already getting our  Quebec trips planned for this winter. Cote Nord will be our big trip this year. Will make another one or two shorter trips to locations TBD.

IMG_2824.JPG

IMG_2831.JPG

IMG_2832.JPG

IMG_2837.JPG

Yesterday Ginger & I flew to Farmer's Pride airport in Pennsylvania where our friend Vic picked us up & drove us to breakfast. We then flew to Jake Arner airport & Beltzville airport in Pennsylvania & then to Hackettstown airport in New Jersey to help a friend take the wings off an airplane he bought. The previous owner passed away & our friend is going to get it flying again.

Got a text from my A & P mechanic that he was repairing the Life Flight helicopter at Warren Hospital which is 5 minutes from my office. He also mentioned that he was hungry. If you come to P'burg you gotta try one of the three legends Toby's hot dogs, Joe's steak sandwiches or Nicolosi Pizza. He got Nicolosi Pizza. Him & the crew really liked the pizza!

image.thumb.png.99cff255cc6422620a6d0f3e8a22d819.png

3 hours ago, 182ray said:

They do have flying poker runs but so far Ginger & I haven't done one

That sounds like a lot of fun Ray. Do you follow Matt Guthmilleron on YouTube?  He is the kid that flew around the world. He did a video of flying in to the small airport in NH that was in my neighborhood growing up. As a kid I used to go to the ice races on the pond next to the airport.

Hi John I haven't seen his around the world videos but I have watched some of the other ones. Last year about this time I discovered the videos that JP & Louis were making about their around the world flight. I watched most of them. When I sent my instructor the link to the videos his reply was "don't get any ideas"...lol

I've landed at Laconia, Franconia & Mt Washington Airports

Edited by 182ray

29 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

I've got 2 Co-Pilots for you! They are on the Most Wanted List on only a few Countries around the world.

I'd go, but I've seen you ride..... and ..... Well.... a plane .... It's the sudden stop at the bottom....

LOL

GutZ

A sudden stop on a sled can have the same results 😂

3 hours ago, 182ray said:

Hi John I haven't seen his around the world videos but I have watched some of the other ones. Last year about this time I discovered the videos that JP & Louis were making about their around the world flight. I watched most of them. When I sent my instructor the link to the videos his reply was "don't get any ideas"...lol

I've landed at Laconia, Franconia & Mt Washington Airports

I watched the JP & Louis videos, too. Come to think of it that's where I stumbled. across Matt, too .

45 minutes ago, 182ray said:

A sudden stop on a sled can have the same results 😂

I think I saw Pics of Bill pulling you out an off trail adventure?

"Past performances maybe indicative of future results"

LOL

GutZ

What did I do this summer?  I cried on my wife's shoulder all summer  telling her how my QuebecRider friends have all the great toys:  fast boats, big truck rigs, airplanes, Side X sides. You name it, they got it. And with all those toys, I bet the cute ladies just fall all over my QR buddies.

So I asked her to buy ME something that will attract all the pretty ladies and make me feel young again. 

And so she did!

IMG_0659.JPG

And that works. My oldest kid got a new golden and headed for the beach. The stories were really something. Of course old dad wasn't  invited. 

4 hours ago, mikerider said:

What did I do this summer?  I cried on my wife's shoulder all summer  telling her how my QuebecRider friends have all the great toys:  fast boats, big truck rigs, airplanes, Side X sides. You name it, they got it. And with all those toys, I bet the cute ladies just fall all over my QR buddies.

So I asked her to buy ME something that will attract all the pretty ladies and make me feel young again. 

And so she did!

IMG_0659.JPG

Nice! 

You can’t teach an old dog new tricks....but them young ones that’s a whole different story.