New Gear!!!

MrGutz

2 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

are those the new Oxygen helmets?

Hope so, I'm waiting for mine as well.  I think they will improve the experience even more!

Yes Sir, Plenty of O2!!

GutZ

MrGutz - I’ve been looking for a good helmet communication system to use with our group.  I keep coming back to uclear amp series and I see in your post that you’re adding them to your new helmets.  Just wondering if you have had experience with these before? Most of us have the bv2s helmet and one guy has a modular 3.  I am a little concerned about actually being able talk in our style helmet.  If you or anyone else has any feedback on the uclear coupled with the bv2s, I would certainly appreciate hearing of your experience.  Thanks Rick

The uclear seems to get good reviews, we have the Pro versions, but they are in the box still, we have used the Colletts for years and have worked good in the BV2Ses.

Uclear AMP Pro have odd Mic mounts that may not be completely compatible with the BV2S. They mount above your eyes.... 

They appear to allow other brands to connect like Sena, distance is daisy chained and hops from each user to the next, etc...

Mario, MCStar has used the Senas and likes them too.

Once I get these Installed I'll let you know.

GutZ

Thanks Gutz.  The mic placement is my concern. I was thinking maybe the lesser model with the mic integrated with the speaker may be a better fit.  I’m looking at collet as well since they have a mic that mounts into the breath box.  

Just saw this on DooTalk:

Posted Yesterday, 03:23 AM

Installed Uclear Amp Pro +'s in our BV2S' earlier this year. Nothing I have used previously can compare in performance, sound quality and ease of use . Got the remote handlebar mount so hands are always where they should be when riding .Phone quality is exceptional even when blasting down trails. Can't imagine how good they will sound with the Oxygen's noise cancelling ability.
As far as the new helmet goes,I am excited about the technology and visibility advantages. As a chronic"first adopter" I normally wouldn't hesitate on pulling the trigger on one of these. For once however, I feel the price is too high in my opinion to have a near miss on what I may be giving up on my current system that I know works perfectly well for the riding style I do. I will wait until there's more real world feedback in -30 conditions before I drop the BVS2.It's still the only system I have found to work as promised wearing glasses.I played around with an Oxygen at a show this spring trying to convince myself that I really needed to spend another $700 CDN .The back of the helmet Tether will be an issue for me for all the hopping on and off the sled I sometimes do.Dont think my old shoulder rotator cups will appreciate having to reach back to clip it on the back of helmet. One of my simple observations was:What about having the magnetic mount on the side of the helmet so it's easier to get at ? Even a slightly behind the ear hook up location would be better than reaching all the way back behind my head. I know I would be constantly yanking it off forgetting it was there. Hey, this magnetic system is still infinitely better than the ancient RCA cord hookups we have had to tolerate for all these years. Congradulations to all the new owners. Give us your feedback when you're sledding around this winter so we can take the plunge with confidence based on your experiences. 

2 minutes ago, GSX800 said:

Thanks Gutz.  The mic placement is my concern. I was thinking maybe the lesser model with the mic integrated with the speaker may be a better fit.  I’m looking at collet as well since they have a mic that mounts into the breath box.  

The Collet have been great, but... they are big and the Tech is stagnant, the Mic in the box is Ok, but if you use the tissue papers it gets blocked, the brothers and I are heavy breathers and the mic gets saturated with spittle  too.

We swapped out the little speakers it comes with to the Collet HD versions and that help too. I hope the new helmets are quiet enough that it wont need bigger speakers. 

Later

GutZ

• 3 weeks later...

And what Mr.Gutz needs to be looking for is a place we..i mean "he" can get them painted.