Moose Valley NB

rev39

I see from reading some ride reports that some of you have looped into NB and stayed at a place called Moose Valley. It looks like it may be about 30-40 miles into NB. I assume a NB trail permit is needed. Are they available at a clubhouse near the QC/NB border or do you buy them at the Moose Valley Lodge?  We may try to stay there on our yearly trip to the Gaspe in late March. Think Snow!

If you run 85 in there are permits available at service stations along main road. If coming from Amqui area there are none available though Tim at Moose Valley surely sells them. Make reservation far in advance if you want to stay there only 5 little cabins. It is a most wonderful ride and highly recommend it. Oh yes watch out for moose they don’t call it moose valley for nothing.

rev

We looped into NB a couple of years ago and had a great stay at Moose Valley.  We rode down from Cabano on TQ85.  If I recall correctly we got NB permits from a trailside store just after we crossed the border on NB12.

Moose Valley Lodge is a great stay.  Good accommodations, good food, and we enjoyed super trails.

timbo

Wow, Fast responses. I must not be the only guy thinking about snowmobiling. lol. Thanks for the great info. Phil, thanks for breaking the trail up 23 last January. I was one of the guys on a Sidewinder just behind you. I'll be back on a SkiDoo this year.

2 hours ago, rev39 said:

Wow, Fast responses. I must not be the only guy thinking about snowmobiling. lol. Thanks for the great info. Phil, thanks for breaking the trail up 23 last January. I was one of the guys on a Sidewinder just behind you. I'll be back on a SkiDoo this year.

Your welcome though it was a team effort. I’ll be on a 2019 BCX XRS this year more up to that type of task. I remember meeting you guys at L Etape. 

If crossing into New Brunswick at Point Crossing, just after you go over the suspension bridge the Hotel on the left, right where the trail is , has passes and also a great place to stay, use a tow service flat bed to trailer over if there is no safe ice on the bay.

We poached to few miles into New Brunswick last year towards Moose valley off the 35 near Biencourt, planning on going for a stay This season at some point as well .

Something to remember , NB is one hour ahead of (most of) Quebec time . 

Capture+_2018-09-07-22-02-23.png