Delta renovating restaurant...Boston Pizza is coming..

Delta Hotels Saguenay Jonquiere Conference Centre....

As advertised on the hotels website...Please note - The hotel restaurant is being renovated and will reopen as Boston Pizza in November 2018. ......

Boston Pizza is a Canadian-based restaurant chain that owns and franchises locations in Canada, the United States and Mexico. Wikipedia

We've  also heard  that there are plans to build  a indoor  swimming pool..  

Forgot to say they also plan to add more rooms  as well , can't remember  how many thought.. 

Edited by SnomoGary

1 hour ago, 800steve said:

New Pool area too, looks to nice to park sleds in.

When we viewed the hotels website we too said the same thing about the pool area....Looks nice...Too nice to park sleds in ?

Funny story.... When I first booked the Delta by telephone a few years back for the first time in the middle of February I inquired of  the receptionist if the hotel had a pool onsite. The receptionist politely replied , yes. Subsequently I told the wife to pack her swimsuit. When we arrived a few days later the on duty receptionist gave us a warm welcome with directions to the elevator, bar, restaurant, mall, gym, & sled coral, etc.  Not giving us direction to the pool I inquired where the pool was located. The receptionist gave me a peculiar look and and gave me the same directions as she did to the sled coral. I thanked her, went to our room unpacked & changed into my bathing suit and set off for the pool sporting my beer belly, swim trunks, flip flops & towel. I walked down through the lobby, past the desk & all holding court with Bill & JD whom we did not yet know, , and turned right out the pool door. Whoa ! Dam it was cold. it was then I learned the pool was seasonal - outdoors.  Thinking there was a mistake , that there must be an indoor pool I returned to the front desk, patiently standing there in my trunks,  flip flops & towel over my shoulder & glancing at those that were looking at me. . When it was my turn I stepped up to the desk / receptionist & with great confidence  I inquired where the indoor pool was. I was told there was no indoor pool - only outdoors. I announced I was told the hotel had a pool when I phoned. The receptionist replied, yes Mr O'Reilly I took your phone reservation  (coincidentally ) and I did tell you we had a pool but you didn't ask if the pool was open. Too funny....Hysterical.. Needless to say it was a comical minute.  A valuable lesson was learned.  :  ) 

15 hours ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

When we viewed the hotels website we too said the same thing about the pool area....Looks nice...Too nice to park sleds in ?

Funny story.... When I first booked the Delta by telephone a few years back for the first time in the middle of February I inquired of  the receptionist if the hotel had a pool onsite. The receptionist politely replied , yes. Subsequently I told the wife to pack her swimsuit. When we arrived a few days later the on duty receptionist gave us a warm welcome with directions to the elevator, bar, restaurant, mall, gym, & sled coral, etc.  Not giving us direction to the pool I inquired where the pool was located. The receptionist gave me a peculiar look and and gave me the same directions as she did to the sled coral. I thanked her, went to our room unpacked & changed into my bathing suit and set off for the pool sporting my beer belly, swim trunks, flip flops & towel. I walked down through the lobby, past the desk & all holding court with Bill & JD whom we did not yet know, , and turned right out the pool door. Whoa ! Dam it was cold. it was then I learned the pool was seasonal - outdoors.  Thinking there was a mistake , that there must be an indoor pool I returned to the front desk, patiently standing there in my trunks,  flip flops & towel over my shoulder & glancing at those that were looking at me. . When it was my turn I stepped up to the desk / receptionist & with great confidence  I inquired where the indoor pool was. I was told there was no indoor pool - only outdoors. I announced I was told the hotel had a pool when I phoned. The receptionist replied, yes Mr O'Reilly I took your phone reservation  (coincidentally ) and I did tell you we had a pool but you didn't ask if the pool was open. Too funny....Hysterical.. Needless to say it was a comical minute.  A valuable lesson was learned.  :  ) 

So funny  I'm  sat in pub reading  this out loud  to pat , in between  wiping tears from my eye's.....  😂😂😂😂

Don't wanna sound like a NY snob, and definitely recognizing Chicago for having their own, but when passing these restos going across rt40 for the past 20 years I wonder, who pranked Canada and told them pizza from Boston was a thing?!

https://www.bostonpizzatours.com/tour/pizza-historic-taverns-tour/

• 3 months later...