He is Alive!!!!

MrGutz

Yes I saw him there.  Should have gone up and said hi.  It was a busy show.  Picked up some things there.  Belinda couldn't pass up more clothing and I picked up some Linq items (the 14 liter stackable gas caddy and the bag to go on top of it).  Should give me more peace of mind when doing a few longer legs.   

I was moved, nearly to tears of joy, when I espied Bill manning the booth at the Big E. :rolleyes:.   As jak opined, the man has a magnificent leg.

Pud and I enjoyed visiting with MrGutz at Bill's stand.   Ran into 8 or 9 Quebec Riders circulating the displays.  Everybody stoked for the winter to come.  Crowd was jumbo, and folks were spending money like crazy.

All good, with the exception of the "seminar's" conducted in the Ballroom Saturday Afternoon.  A tad low on content.  I was looking forward to the segment on setting-up and tuning your suspension for conditions.  Not much take-home.

Timbo

17 hours ago, 800R MXZ X said:

Why did he leave?

13 hours ago, artcat900 said:

I was wondering the same thing

It is a long story and it centers on "IF" we go to a place and report about that place more often than not, we should try to line them up as a sponsor with an ad. We (QuebecRider.com), I've been told, have metrics and KPI's on "Eyes on Pages", "Clicks on Adds" and "Unique Page Requests"  all showing value for your ad dollars. Bill actively brought on several site sponsors and their support is Very Appreciated, but he had a hard time looking for New Sponsors and Asking them to buy in when other businesses were getting "Free" advertising.

For me this is a little difficult as I don't usually feel comfortable with the "Ask" to the business owners.  Some people slide right into it.

Maybe we can come up with a way to make it easier, a Card with contact info and access to metrics we can hand out at these places? I don't have a good answer.

I do not want this place to end up like Dootalk.com. I tried to pull it up on my phone and I waded through 3 video ads just to find out the Torque needed for a PB80 Clutch.

We do miss having him on and I wish he\we could put it behind us.

Later

GutZ

17 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Maybe we can come up with a way to make it easier

Viola!  Presuming a shy QR is inside these fine establishments, and they're web-enabled, just take potential sponsors to this link:

www.quebecrider.com/advertisers

It really is an affordable way into all of our hearts & minds. 

Edited by PLAYHARD

7 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Viola!  Presuming a shy QR is inside these fine establishments, and they're web-enabled, just take potential sponsors to this link:

www.quebecrider.com/advertisers.htm

It really is an affordable way into all of our hearts & minds. 

I hear you, it's really affordable, I Believe it is only 100usd for a banner Ad, which in terms ROI is 1 night lodging, 3 guys\gals for lunch, etc.... 

GutZ

21 hours ago, 182ray said:

I think a simple “ I heard about you on Quebec Rider” would be a great start 

You are exactly right Ray, just that simple. 

We should all mention at check-in etc, that good reviews on QR helped influenced the decision to stay at their business. 

Agreed, a simple "I heard etc." is a good start but may not get to the right person in larger businesses. Handing a card to the desk clerk and asking them to get it to the hotel manager would be better in those cases. just my $.02.

• 1 month later...