Tackling cote Nord and Labrador loop

Jamiepenney

Been lurking this page for a while. And have decided to run from goose bay Labrador to st Augustine. And then west to sept isle  where I’ll the head north back to Labrador city. Looking for information on accommodations and fuel stations along the Quebec shore to add to my gps and contact. For sure there will be more questions. Right now there’s my self and a good riding buddy both with 1200 expys planning to do the ride. Maybe I’ll run into some of you on here during the ride. 

1 minute ago, MrGutz said:

You my want to consider a sled\trailer and pack gas with you.

RoadRunner may some advise.

GutZ

Definitely will be hauling some of our own fuel. It’s over 400km from goose bay to the first fuel station which will be st Augustine. 

2 hours ago, Jamiepenney said:

Mostly practical things

Nice!

(And I am NOT going to make a completely innocent request to follow my pack of Yamahas around town as a fuel sherpa, so I will NOT be responsible for any brand-loyalty-food-fights!)

10 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Nice!

(And I am NOT going to make a completely innocent request to follow my pack of Yamahas around town as a fuel sherpa, so I will NOT be responsible for any brand-loyalty-food-fights!)

Yamahas have nothing on Polarises, or are they Polari ,in fuel economy. Now weight.... 

Skidoos on the other hand weigh nothing and actually produce green power!!

LOL

Fuel Sherpa, Don't let my brother see that, he'll get a bad idea.......

GutZ

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, GT Rider said:

I was looking on youtube and came across this video. 

It might give some insight about traveling Route Blanche. It's French and English.

Awesome! Loved the Video, thanks for posting it Jim.

22 hours ago, GT Rider said:

I was looking on youtube and came across this video. 

It might give some insight about traveling Route Blanche. It's French and English.

GT, many thanks for posting this film, really great and it gives anyone who is considering going past the Mosey river a real good idea of what to expect and how serious this adventure is,, best post I have seen yet on this area, Bob.

Yup, experienced it first hand last March. Awesome trip, awesome scenery and awesome people but do not forget where you are and always have a plan B in a pinch, the coast can bite your ass. Lots a gremlins out there.

Love that video, watched it a few times last winter before experiencing the real thing.

Edited by Trailblazer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/1/2018 at 5:48 PM, Jamiepenney said:

Been lurking this page for a while. And have decided to run from goose bay Labrador to st Augustine. And then west to sept isle  where I’ll the head north back to Labrador city. Looking for information on accommodations and fuel stations along the Quebec shore to add to my gps and contact. For sure there will be more questions. Right now there’s my self and a good riding buddy both with 1200 expys planning to do the ride. Maybe I’ll run into some of you on here during the ride. 

Were you able to take this trip?