Advertising Input

MrGutz

Question, is you intention only to distribute to businesses or establishments in hopes of increasing your advertising base?, or if worded right and bilingual it could also be used as a tool to increase membership by passing along a card to fellow riders. Living in Quebec and with that idea in mind I would see bilingual cards would be a better option. 

47 minutes ago, iceman said:

Hard to give cards in English to people who’s native language is French. Gonna turn some folks right off. 

Sure some read some English but not many. Just my 2 cents. 

I concur, they all can read French, some can also read English. Best would be one on each side but if not feasible,  some Only French and some Only English.

Since we are so close to the riding season maybe the cards should be planned to be ready next season so there's enough time to hopefully get them right.

It is a valid point that Quebec is a French speaking province & the cards should be in French to be respectful to the people & business's we are trying to reach.

In the mean time maybe what the administrator's of this fine site can do is to contact various hotels, relais, restaurants, etc around the province that are popular with the Quebec Rider crowd to become sponsors.

First, I like member Cnc's suggestion of a card for us to pass on to other English speaking sledders we meet in Quebec asking them to join our fine group and to post on QR.

Adding to that, I would suggest a 4 part strategy to raise money. 

1. Members hand out QR cards to English speaking sledders we meet while in Quebec (or elsewhere) to get them to check out the site,

2. Increase the contributing membership from $25 to $35 yearly.

3. Encourage more of our senior/long time members to become  contributing members

3. Have the Admins of QR make a post once a month during the  peak season to remind people they can become contributing members to help out the site (Sort of like a pledge drive) and will only take a couple minutes time of the Admins.

Having new members who hopefully may become paying members, a yearly increase, and getting some of our current members to  contribute may be far easier to raise money and far less complicated and far more successful than getting businesses on board. Think about how many non members -English speaking sledders we meet each day out in the parking lot of the hotel or at the bar at night. Just hand them a card and tell them to check out QR.

Remember, the Admins probably already have full time jobs that pay the bills, and QR is done by them on their spare time.

mike

Edited by mikerider
Rewrite

8 hours ago, iceman said:

Hard to give cards in English to people who’s native language is French. Gonna turn some folks right off. 

Sure some read some English but not many. Just my 2 cents. 

Agreed.  I think 2 sided cards would work best. One side French & the other side English.  

Great job so far Gary & John!

51 minutes ago, scorpionbowl said:

I’ll just need someone to give me the French text from the last example...

We heard about your business on QR.....Nous avon entendu parlé de vous sur QR.

Snowmobile enthusiasts from across CA & USA...Amateurs de motoneige au CA & USA

Discussions & recommendations of the best places and businesses for snowmobiling across Quebec......Discussions, recommandations des meilleurs endroits et entreprises pour la motoneige au Quebec.

Visit www.quebecrider.com/advertiser for details........Visitez www.quebecrider.com/advertiser pour information.

9 hours ago, Cnc said:

Question, is you intention only to distribute to businesses or establishments in hopes of increasing your advertising base?, or if worded right and bilingual it could also be used as a tool to increase membership by passing along a card to fellow riders. Living in Quebec and with that idea in mind I would see bilingual cards would be a better option. 

The intention for me was\is to increase the community, encourage involvement, garner support (Advertisers and Contributors), exchange info and not the least build friendships.

GutZ

It would be great if these cards helped attract a few new advertisers to replace the ones that we have lost over the past year or two. One of the advertisers that didn't renew last year because his analytics didn't show enough inbound links from QR. Unfortunately forums like this are having a hard time surviving against social media sites like Facebook. Would we be better off trying to grow the forum by targeting riders instead off businesses first? The more active the forum is, the more attractive it is to advertisers. 

Just rambling on, LOL

12 hours ago, ckf said:

It would be great if these cards helped attract a few new advertisers to replace the ones that we have lost over the past year or two. One of the advertisers that didn't renew last year because his analytics didn't show enough inbound links from QR. Unfortunately forums like this are having a hard time surviving against social media sites like Facebook. Would we be better off trying to grow the forum by targeting riders instead off businesses first? The more active the forum is, the more attractive it is to advertisers. 

Just rambling on, LOL

I think you are right on the money with this thought process.  Without a strong member representation with activity, the site will not be that attractive to businesses.  Get a strong active member base and then when you mention the site to possible businesses and they go on line to see the site, it will show how being an advertiser could be very lucrative.   Build it and they will come....  just my $.05 (I don't come cheap).

while creating the card online, double sided was an option for about the same price as two separate cards, so i got the double sided, 1000 of them. I'll mail some to a few key distributors who can further pass them on to other QR members to hand out, just PM me...

qrqr.jpg

12 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Super!  Nice job!  We need LOTS!

If we all hand them out to riders & businesses & clubs wherever we stop?!... 

Poutines for everyone!

Agreed!

How about sending 10-20 cards to each Contributing Member to start?

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/7/2018 at 1:55 PM, MrGutz said:

Hey

I dropped my first 5 cards at PLT in Pittsfield, Ma.

They said they'd post them up in the Dealership.

So if you stop in look for them.

Later

GutZ

Is that Pittsfield Lawn and Tractor?  My dad lived in Richmond, MA for a while when he was married to his 2nd wife. I remember going down there to ride in the Pissfield State Forest back in the early 90's when they were the only ones to have snow in New England that December. It must have been 1992 because I had just bought a leftover AC Prowler that I couldn't wait to get on the snow. It was the 1st new snowmobile that I had bought myself. It was a tad better than the 1970 Olympic that I had as a kid :lol:

There seems to be some advertising that is no longer here. I would suggest not visiting the old supporters unless they purchase advertising, certainly support the ones who support us. Also everyone’s name should be green I believe most of us can find the $25 somewhere, maybe in the couch cushions. Let’s keep the lights on we have the best Quebec site there is and it cost $.

5 hours ago, Phil 1 said:

Also everyone’s name should be green I believe most of us can find the $25 somewhere,

Agreed 100% if not you are in the wrong sport. Maybe snow shoeing?

X3  😭 If everybody chipped in, site be mostly self sufficient.  Shame we lost Bill over  preference on where everybody prefers to sled and sleep in PQ. Not what this site is all about. Going to miss who's sledding in  - around  LSJ