Advertising Input

MrGutz

1 hour ago, Florida Snowman said:

Great idea GutZ!  We could all hand them out thruout our Quebec adventures!

That was my thought, also if we had an email for contact purposes, or if the link had some analytical data to backup the claims.

Bi-Lingual? 

GutZ

4 hours ago, MrGutz said:

Contact email & phone # for sure ..paypal contact or snail mail address should they prefer the latter?

Great idea....When you are ready you have a new career in marketing ?

That was my thought, also if we had an email for contact purposes, or if the link had some analytical data to backup the claims.

Bi-Lingual? 

GutZ

Am I missing the boat here ?  I looked on the advertisers tab and could not find a place to sign up as an advertiser if I wanted to do so.

Seems to me there should be an easy way to do that if you want to get advertisers on board...... maybe I'm a little slow with this stuff but thinking that most customers would be from Quebec and English is not their first language in a lot of cases, It does seem to make it a lot harder to have to navigate around.

A tab on the page may ease things up some

just my 2 c

You are correct, I don't have any of that info and it is a quick first draft.

French would be good, Google translate may make it too literal, if we had a good translation we can swap it in.

If any of the Administrators have input that would be great too.

Thanks

GutZ 

22 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

You are correct, I don't have any of that info and it is a quick first draft.

French would be good, Google translate may make it too literal, if we had a good translation we can swap it in.

If any of the Administrators have input that would be great too.

Thanks

GutZ 

I like the idea but french is a must. Once you have what you want, I can get you it all in «quebecois » so the people receiving it can understand it. 

Also maybe a brief description on a separate page or a link on card to a sticky on forum in french describing what qc rider is all about, many will not understand what the site is. This will help.

8 hours ago, artcat900 said:

Am I missing the boat here ?  I looked on the advertisers tab and could not find a place to sign up as an advertiser if I wanted to do so.

Seems to me there should be an easy way to do that if you want to get advertisers on board...... maybe I'm a little slow with this stuff but thinking that most customers would be from Quebec and English is not their first language in a lot of cases, It does seem to make it a lot harder to have to navigate around.

A tab on the page may ease things up some

just my 2 c

Exactly right on!

9 hours ago, iceman said:

I like the idea but french is a must. Once you have what you want, I can get you it all in «quebecois » so the people receiving it can understand it. 

Also maybe a brief description on a separate page or a link on card to a sticky on forum in french describing what qc rider is all about, many will not understand what the site is. This will help.

10-4 on french "a must".   GutZ's  thought on google translations being a tad to literal (squirrel y) might be an issue.

timbo

On 10/10/2018 at 11:54 PM, artcat900 said:

Yep, need a "Click Here to Become a Sponsor/Advertiser SVP!" link!

Should a hand-out card say "heard about YOU on"... or?... "Thousands of Quebec Riders are looking for YOU on"...

2 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

All very good ideas folks, make sure the internet link on card is large enough font to read easily.

I was thinking QR Code! lol, one of those weird square things.

I think we need to have some input from the Site Admins as I can really only take this so far....

We would\will need a buy in from the site admins as they would be fielding the emails and banners and etc....

Later

GutZ

On 10/13/2018 at 1:04 PM, MrGutz said:

I was thinking QR Code! lol, one of those weird square things.

I think we need to have some input from the Site Admins as I can really only take this so far....

We would\will need a buy in from the site admins as they would be fielding the emails and banners and etc....

Later

GutZ

Working on it now. 

I've tried putting together the various ideas. I'm not sure of the sizing for the qr code, maybe someone else knows. I've shown the saquenay club ad on the card but we don't have that finalized. Any other thoughts or comments? Once we finalize something, we can get a french version made up also, or maybe French on one side English on the other, but that sounds expensive. In the US we can get 500 standard cards for $10, unless someone knows of other deals...

qr.jpg

Thinking about myself and my short attention span..... 

-Reduce the words. Quick and to the point.

-Dont use a particular regions ad. (Great fro the Delta, may Snub the Drakkar...)

-The larger the QR Code, quicker the "Recognizing" .

These are just suggestions, I'm no Ad Exec!

Maybe: (sorry about the size)

image.png.0bc7f730aeea7b723703e960b1e0d052.png

Or list more info on the back.

Thanks

Don

FYI for those interested...there have been almost 2,000 registered users since day 1. Over the last year there have been about 400 active members. During the peak season, there are up to 125 active members in a day, with 85 members active on a typical winter day.

Nice layout Mr Bowl.

Does "We heard about you on..." imply that they're already advertisers?  I think this is for new prospects: "Thousands of Snowmobilers are looking for you on..."

I'd be afraid that any 1 sample place or area could alienate all others. 

How about using that space for a blurb that: "On Parle Francais!"

• 3 weeks later...

Just a thought. Should clubs be approached. Most conversations we have are about eastern Quebec riding. There for, should western clubs be able to do some sort of advertising on the web site same as businesses. As many of us know there is many great trails and businesses in the western area. This web site is such a great wealth of information for where to ride, trail conditions and great places to stay and dine. I think all of Quebec can gain . Just a thought. May be way off base.