Carleton/Nouvelle Orange Trail

Grampsledder

Has anyone ridden the orange trail from Carleton/Nouvelle area to La Cache?    What’s it like?    Do they groom it?    Doing some planning for our Gaspe trip in March (our 8th to the region).  Thought we might try some new terrain.    Appreciate any first hand experience from prior years.   Bring on the snow.   

Russ

My Track from Feb 2018. We went north from Carlton and returned west to Nouvelle.

The trails varied with perfect white carpet to plowing fresh powder (West). Its a nice trail we will do it again some time.

The small section of orange by Carlton that we did not touch was closed.

2018%20Track_zpsq03nlslz.jpg

Edited by GT Rider

Yes the elevation changes but I don't recall hitting any very steep climbs. 

The only switchbacks that stick out in my memory were not on that trail.

East of  Rivière-la-Madeleine there is a trail to a water fall with steep decline/incline switchbacks.

Switch%20Back%20GE_zpsjk2ggwta.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I inquired about that loop at the Drummondville show with the folks at the Gaspesie kiosk. That orange trail looping above Carelton is a groomed and maintained trail, when you reach the apex of that loop the trail branching off leading up to the 595 is a non groomed and non maintained trail due to a bridge that is closer to the 595 that can not support the weight of the Groomer any longer, trail is marked and sleds are going through but it’s an offtrail route.

1 hour ago, Trailblazer said:

I inquired about that loop at the Drummondville show with the folks at the Gaspesie kiosk. That orange trail looping above Carelton is a groomed and maintained trail, when you reach the apex of that loop the trail branching off leading up to the 595 is a non groomed and non maintained trail due to a bridge that is closer to the 595 that can not support the weight of the Groomer any longer, trail is marked and sleds are going through but it’s an offtrail route.

Good to know.   Appreciate the feedback.