Shield Heater Tester

MrGutz

Hey

Bill has one of these and I think it's a great idea:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELECTRIC-HEATED-SHIELD-HELMET-TESTER-for-SNOWMOBILE-ATV-HJC/162166155637?hash=item25c1db2975:g:xg4AAMXQ01tRSMpZ

162166155637?hash=item25c1db2975:g:xg4AAFor when you don't know is it the shield, cable, jack, etc....

GutZ

Edited by MrGutz

This is for out on the trail. 

Several times over the years we have been left guessing is it the cable, port, shield.

Last year it was the new Enduro, they have a micro fuse in the port. (By the way, they bury that f'n thing way up under the dash)

Later

GutZ

Am I also seeing some sort of a light on the end of the tester than can be used for a night time use. 

Wow Gutz, nice find. That thing will def ride with me this winter. There are few things as maddening as an intermitent or dead shield.

Usually happens at -20 in the morning on a rock hard rail bed. Folks with this problem are the ones at the bar with black spots on their face.

4 minutes ago, Phil 1 said:

Tap the bare end on tunnel while plugged in if it sparks you have power. Only takes an instant to tell. 🤪

My riding partner used to do this by accident all the time, lots of blown fuses.

I experienced one last year, they work great. Andyman did the testing in seconds, shield tested good, cord tested good, determined it was a blown fuse. I did exactly what was described above, power cord tapped on the tunnel. A must have in the tool kit. 

On 10/19/2018 at 6:59 AM, MrGutz said:

Hey

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ELECTRIC-HEATED-SHIELD-HELMET-TESTER-for-SNOWMOBILE-ATV-HJC/162166155637?hash=item25c1db2975:g:xg4AAMXQ01tRSMpZ

162166155637?hash=item25c1db2975:g:xg4AAFor when you don't know is it the shield, cable, jack, etc....

GutZ

Thanks Gutz. I just picked up a few. 

Also told the seller I found it here @ QR. Hope he considers supporting the site. 

Paddy O 

23 hours ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

Thanks Gutz. I just picked up a few. 

Also told the seller I found it here @ QR. Hope he considers supporting the site. 

Paddy O 

On 10/19/2018 at 6:59 AM, MrGutz said:

Hey

GutZ

Gentlemen, Stephan is the seller of the item Gutz speaks of. Stephan wrote stating he is interested / willing to purchase an ad here but states he can not find a contact person to arrange same. Please consider providing guidance / contact person / contact # so I may forward same & or contact Stephan directly @  2345st_gvs4328mf@members.ebay.ca     

Thank you....

Paddy O

QuebecRider advertiser info:

QuebecRider advertisers are the only source of income for this website.

QuebecRider advertisers have their banner randomly displayed on the rotating banner system visible on all forum pages.

QuebecRider advertising rates are the same for everyone, and are fixed at $100/year.

No place to "Click Here" for advertiser application?

I just send the ebay seller this message:

Hey Bon Jour!  

I ordered 4, on your offer to ship 5 with free shipping, merci!

We're talking about you on www.QuebecRider.com 
http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?/topic/5453-shield-heater-tester/

You may want to contact one of these forum moderators to become a sponsor which would earn you increased patronage: http://www.quebecrider.com/forums/index.php?/staff/

Best regards,

..."because of great guy Mr Gutz"

From: eBay - 2345stephang [mailto:2345st_gvs4328mf@members.ebay.ca]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 9:24 PM
Subject: 2345stephang sent a message about ELECTRIC HEATED SHIELD HELMET TESTER for SNOWMOBILE ATV HJC #162166155637

New message: bonjour a toi thanks for purchasing ...

eBay7?euid=cd9200d9521e45fb978577e639393ae4&bu=44034077178&sojTags=bu=bu

New message from: 2345stephang (1,374Red Star)

bonjour a toi

thanks for purchasing 4 test light, 5 test light will ship to you wednesday morning.
I know many buyers that bought test light since this week end because of great guy Mr Gutz

I have tried to contact the site to place an ad but there is a bug with the security question.
When I will be able to contact them I will try to place a 100$ ad and help by the same way that forum

thanks
stephan

7 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

..."because of great guy Mr Gutz"

From: eBay - 2345stephang [mailto:2345st_gvs4328mf@members.ebay.ca]
Sent: Monday, October 22, 2018 9:24 PM
Subject: 2345stephang sent a message about ELECTRIC HEATED SHIELD HELMET TESTER for SNOWMOBILE ATV HJC #162166155637

New message: bonjour a toi thanks for purchasing ...

eBay7?euid=cd9200d9521e45fb978577e639393ae4&bu=44034077178&sojTags=bu=bu

New message from: 2345stephang (1,374Red Star)

bonjour a toi

thanks for purchasing 4 test light, 5 test light will ship to you wednesday morning.
I know many buyers that bought test light since this week end because of great guy Mr Gutz

I have tried to contact the site to place an ad but there is a bug with the security question.
When I will be able to contact them I will try to place a 100$ ad and help by the same way that forum

thanks
stephan

LOL, he just doesnt know me well enought!

I was note he mentioned an issue with the Security Question.

Later

GutZ

6 hours ago, scorpionbowl said:

I haven't seen a new member popup, did he try to sign up? That is probably the best place to start while we work on updating the advertiser page. There's also a "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum home page that should work.

Stephan's latest inquiry, requesting how to proceed as he hit a road block is below.

If Q.R. is interested in securing an advertiser, you / they / someone of authority  may consider contacting Stephan directly @  2345st_gvs4328mf@members.ebay.ca     

Thank you ,

Paddy O 

New message from: 2345stephang (1,375Red Star)
Hi

I tried on another computer this morning and it's the same

I definitivly cannot sign up to become a member because the security question does'nt work. answer is green for arctic cats or the other answer is yamaha but there is a bug
and I cannot contact the web site with the contact link at the bottom of the site because there is no security question at all and the site answer that the security question is not correct.....yes I know there is no question!!!!!!

so I don't know what to do now....

New message from: 2345stephang (1,375Red Star)
Hi

That's exactly what I have tried, both options.
strange because that's exactly what I explain you on my last reply!!! 😊

I tried to become a member and the security question when I sign up is not working

and I tried also to reach them by contact form at the bottom of the page and there is a security check but there is no question, it's a bug on the page

so I don't know what to do.

Edited by nyskidooerinnewhampshire

5 hours ago, nyskidooerinnewhampshire said:

Stephan's latest inquiry, requesting how to proceed as he hit a road block is below.

If Q.R. is interested in securing an advertiser, you / they / someone of authority  may consider contacting Stephan directly @  2345st_gvs4328mf@members.ebay.ca     

Thank you ,

Paddy O 

I just tried registering a test account and the security question wasn't working even though the answer was set to green. Anyway, I removed the question and was able to register this account without any issues.  We were also able to get a few updates to the adverting page done today. There is a little more info there now along with a contact link and a PayPal link. 

http://www.quebecrider.com/advertisers.htm

John

27 minutes ago, MrGutz said:

Looks Good!!

GutZ

Most of the text was there, but Rob had it hidden in the code because he didn't want to deal with the advertisers at the time.

@scorpionbowl messaged me that he has already rejected two spammers since I removed the security question. I'll try to get the software updated this week. Hopefully that takes care of the bugs so we can put the security question back.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 7:14 PM, test123 said:

I just tried registering a test account and the security question wasn't working even though the answer was set to green. Anyway, I removed the question and was able to register this account without any issues.  We were also able to get a few updates to the adverting page done today. There is a little more info there now along with a contact link and a PayPal link. 

http://www.quebecrider.com/advertisers.htm

John

Welcome Aboard Test123. What kind of sled do you ride. LOL