New Warming Hut

iceman

On the 355 between Lac Edouard and Lac Bouchette. Will be nice to have a place to warm up in that section. Halfway between. 

“Bonne nouvelle pour les motoneigistes qui emprunte le troncon de 100 KM de la régionale 355 entre le Lac-Bouchette et Lac Édouard, la cabane d'inscription de la zec Kiskissink qui est précisément à mi chemin, a été isolée et sera chauffée au propane, gracieusetée de notre partenaire M. Patrick Bourgeault propriétaire de l'auberge EVA et du Pub St-Patrick de Lac-Bouchette. Merci Richard Rainville pour l’information”

5F65A6BD-AF5C-45DE-96A9-21D7B14F9BC5.thumb.jpeg.08c63ccd863120bbf1b81bb7670c3d60.jpeg

That looks like the bar restaurant on the north side of Lac Bouchette. Amazing how places look the same when you only see them ever couple years.  Reason I remember we were in there and there was a group in there , mostly women and good looking women and they were enjoying their self's a lot. There was seven of us and a few of the boys didn't want to leave. Turned into a long day. Next day there was only three of us. The other four were not a good influence on us. We went north they went south. LOL.

1 hour ago, Shore1066 said:

That looks like the bar restaurant on the north side of Lac Bouchette.

I believe you are 100% correct looking through some pictures this is a photo of The resto pub St Patrick at Auberge Eva just north of Lac Bouchette. They are sponsoring the propane to heat the warming hut this year.

How you feeling Don? Hope you have recovered well. I know it's hard but take it easy and get better to the fullest.  How's the new truck coming.  Looks like she's going to be a good one. 

Agreed great stretch of trail and good location for relais... Speaking of 355..who has more info on this single tracked donkey path heading east..about half way thru 355. Would this trail send one east toward the Relais @ Mt Apica? I almost took it but had reservations at the Presbytere, and hated to miss their fondue!!

355 mid - donkey path.jpg

Edited by LeFinca
typing sucks

1 hour ago, LeFinca said:

Agreed great stretch of trail and good location for relais... Speaking of 355..who has more info on this single tracked donkey path heading east..about half way thru 355. Would this trail send one east toward the Relais @ Mt Apica? I almost took it but had reservations at the Presbytere, and hated to miss their fondue!!

355 mid - donkey path.jpg

Took it once a few years ago just to see what it was like, they were grooming the half closest to L etape. Last year when we went by it looks like no more grooming. Not worth the trip its not groomed. The Lac Edward end is a donkey path.

6 hours ago, LeFinca said:

Agreed great stretch of trail and good location for relais... Speaking of 355..who has more info on this single tracked donkey path heading east..about half way thru 355. Would this trail send one east toward the Relais @ Mt Apica? I almost took it but had reservations at the Presbytere, and hated to miss their fondue!!LOL ... 

Funny LeFinca, Muffdiver club 

Edited by dooright

On 10/28/2018 at 7:45 PM, Shore1066 said:

That looks like the bar restaurant on the north side of Lac Bouchette.

Yep!...  "courtesy of our partner Patrick Bourgeault, owner of the Auberge Eva and the St-Patrick Pub in Lac-Bouchette"

And if you make it the Auberge to stay, ask about heated their garage.

Now we just need their hundy to be an advertiser.  First QR to bring it in gets a Team Iceman stickie!