Interesting article printed in Snowgoermagazine in 2015...

nyskidooerinnewhampshire

9 hours ago, revct1 said:

It has been too long since Sandi and I have been out there.  Maybe this season.  Anybody else interested?

Jack and Sandi

Hi Jack and Sandi

I have this ride on my bucket list...I would be interested. I have only been through the Charlevoix region quickly with Snow Farmer that year of the Gathering in Lac St. Jean, so that east side is of interest to me.

Thanks,

Linda

4 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Im certainly doing it this winter 

and may well be looking for riders. My buddy had to cancel last season and not confident for this season he’s going to make it

We are interested!

L

8 hours ago, quebec bob said:

Yes, this is a great trail and with the ferry to Matane you can combine it with the North shore of the Gaspie and have it all!!

Sounds like my kind of plan! 

The North Shore certainly is a place to explore, my last visit was back in '99 until 2 seasons ago when I went up to Forestville a couple times to ride some QR guys from here then last season I rode the North Shore on two occasions. Really hard to decide between the Gaspe and the North shore they both have unique features.

From my experiences trail 3 up to Sept Isles is a good run, almost anybody can manage when groomed, beautiful scenery, look outs, gorges to nice Relaiss. Beyond Sept Isles is just as beautiful but untamed, more of a touch'n go situation and would require a skilled group to continue on. I've experienced it both ways and believe me if you're not prepared you're going no where. Trail 3 ends in Baie Johan Beetz about 100 klms after Havre St.Pierre which is another touch'n go trail, could be groomed could not be, better have some gps tracks. Beyond Baie Johan Beetz theres no more grooming and it's game on (GPS a must have) until La Route Route Blanche begins in Kegaska where the trail is maintained, groomed (to some degree) and well marked right up to Blanc Sablon but the area is as barren and rural as ever. From Kegaska is where the hwy 138 ends and here on in you're very much on your own, you'll be needing back up plans and to be prepared to stay a night in the bush for a rescue should it come to that. Remember the guys that wrote the article did a U turn in Sept Isles. If you're able I would suggest to continue on past Sept Isles up the coast for an adventurous trip you'll remember for the rest of your life.

Edited by Trailblazer

On 11/7/2018 at 9:49 PM, Trailblazer said:

The North Shore certainly is a place to explore, my last visit was back in '99 until 2 seasons ago when I went up to Forestville a couple times to ride some QR guys from here.

Dam, we've been downgraded to QR guys :rolleyes:

On 11/7/2018 at 9:49 PM, Trailblazer said:

until 2 seasons ago when I went up to Forestville a couple times to ride some QR guys

Ride some QR guys? 

Must have been a different trip. I surely was not along on this one. 

Edited by iceman