2018-2019 Shawinigan Snow Reports

iceman

10 November

we have had a few small dustings of snow before last night. 

For me last night counts as the first real storm. 

It’s plus 3c now but overnight snowed heavy wet snow almost 4”. Trees all bent over heavy frosting on all the trees. My driveway guy did the driveway for the first time this season and the municipality passed by with the Grader this morning so it surely qualifies as storm #1.

Will it be a start to a base? Next week we shall see. Still early yet but who knows. 

B28448D1-5ACB-4595-B3A1-99E4887C5D2A.thumb.jpeg.68abe0fac5d12800a4f9c191b06fc780.jpeg

56520EC8-1332-42A2-97E2-DE6FD702D97F.thumb.jpeg.c2e019f3861e47ea7f57b6cfec2a23ea.jpeg

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 7:09 PM, iceman said:

Not sure what you mean? But no just one cover topped with the snow. 

Looked like a dark brown cover with a tan one on top of the dark brown one, both insulated. My tub uses a lot of juice to keep warm. Okay nuff of my hijack, keep the snow reports coming and thank you.

1 hour ago, Snobeeler said:

Looked like a dark brown cover with a tan one on top of the dark brown one, both insulated. My tub uses a lot of juice to keep warm. Okay nuff of my hijack, keep the snow reports coming and thank you.

Good eyes! Yes two tone cover tan and dark brown but just one. 

23 hours ago, Snobeeler said:

The cover is just two-tone in color tan and dark brown good eyes.

13 hours ago, iceman said:

16 November 

another 2” of snow ever bit counts still snowing a bit 

and.....no sorry 800steve no groomer yet. 

Thanks Don, Whats the earliest you have seen the grooming start in your area, here in Vermont no start until Dec 15 even if we have good snow?

I will see no groomer here until at least x mas. Need more cold to freeze the wetlands. They are not gonna push it. Who knows it could stay nice and cold and it happens sooner. But normally around x mas, New Years if good snow and everything frozen. 

7 minutes ago, iceman said:

I will see no groomer here until at least x mas. Need more cold to freeze the wetlands. They are not gonna push it. Who knows it could stay nice and cold and it happens sooner. But normally around x mas, New Years if good snow and everything frozen. 

Sooo.... put me down for Dec 25th. LOL

GutZ

37 minutes ago, iceman said:

About 15 years ago the Mauricie Club groomed a little too early. The groomer broke thru the 1st big swamp heading out from Drakkar(Safari then) toward 351. The hole that it left behind was so massive it had police tape around it for several years. I have no idea how they got the groomer out as it was a couple of miles from a road.  Cold weather is more valuable then snow at this point.

19 November 

snow 1.5” last night and throughout the day. They say more tomorrow but nothing crazy. 

Showing rain in forecast for Sunday. Plus 4c Saturday plus 5c Sunday with rain. Just fyi. It can change.

21 November 

2” new snow since yesterday. Snowed on and off lightly all day and night. 

Calling for 5cm more all day today. 

The warmup Sunday, Monday does not look as drastic as first predicted but still could rain which is not necessarily a bad thing.