2018-2019 Shawinigan Snow Reports

iceman

1 hour ago, Snobeeler said:

I laid down for some beauty sleep too. I had to think hard for a minute to be sure what month it was. LOL

Thanks for the update ice

Whoops guess i was too tired

29 December 

-12c cold is back and a nice windchill. 2.5” new snow yesterday. Followed by freezing rain steady making a nice crust. Then overnight showers of rain on and off.. Had plenty of hours last night to observe conditions. 

This kind of storm makes the base stronger for sure. Calling for snow here 31 December to 1 January. We shall see. 

Bring it!!

Alerts for: Mauricie

Warnings

3:48 PM EST Sunday 30 December 2018
Snowfall warning in effect for:

• Lac-aux-Sables area
  • Louiseville area
  • Matawin - Mauricie National Park area
  • Sainte-Anne-de-la-Pérade area
  • Shawinigan area
  • Trois-Rivières area

Snowfall with total amounts of 15 to 25 cm is expected.

Heavy snowfall to start the new year ...

A low from the American Midwest will bring significant amounts of snow over the Upper Laurentians and the Mauricie regions for New Year's Eve and New Year's day. Snow will develop Monday evening, intensify overnight and continue through Tuesday morning. The area is expected to receive total snowfall amounts between 15 and 25 centimetres. In addition, strong northerlies developing overnight are expected to generate blowing snow in some exposed areas.

Please consider modifying non essential travel plans.

Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult.

Snowfall warnings are issued when significant snowfall is expected.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to QCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #QCStorm.

Follow:

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 8:26 PM, NHTOM said:

Bring it!!

Alerts for: Mauricie

Warnings

3:48 PM EST Sunday 30 December 2018
Snowfall warning in effect for:

• Lac-aux-Sables area
  • Louiseville area
  • Matawin - Mauricie National Park area
  • Sainte-Anne-de-la-Pérade area
  • Shawinigan area
  • Trois-Rivières area

Snowfall with total amounts of 15 to 25 cm is expected.

Heavy snowfall to start the new year ...

A low from the American Midwest will bring significant amounts of snow over the Upper Laurentians and the Mauricie regions for New Year's Eve and New Year's day. Snow will develop Monday evening, intensify overnight and continue through Tuesday morning. The area is expected to receive total snowfall amounts between 15 and 25 centimetres. In addition, strong northerlies developing overnight are expected to generate blowing snow in some exposed areas.

Please consider modifying non essential travel plans.

Rapidly accumulating snow will make travel difficult.

Snowfall warnings are issued when significant snowfall is expected.

Please continue to monitor alerts and forecasts issued by Environment Canada. To report severe weather, send an email to QCstorm@canada.ca or tweet reports using #QCStorm.

Follow:

So , whats the outcome???

12 minutes ago, eddieskidoo said:

So , whats the outcome???

Excellent Question! Unfortunately I am waiting to hear myself. I cannot see from where I am. When I know I will post it. No snow in Florida this I can tell you. 

1 minute ago, Florida Snowman said:

Hey Don,

East or West coast of FL?

Enjoy this amazing summer weather my friend!

See you soon in PQ!

Happy New Year!

Tom

West is best. 

Citrus Hills. In the sticks.

Arrived at Drakkar about 8pm this evening greeted by Reggie  smiling ear to ear. He said we are the first Americans this winter. Looks like plenty of snow, tomorrow we ride local then take off Sunday until the 12th towards LSJ and  where ever  trails take us. Bonjour !

1 hour ago, Pipeman said:

Arrived at Drakkar about 8pm this evening greeted by Reggie  smiling ear to ear. He said we are the first Americans this winter. Looks like plenty of snow, tomorrow we ride local then take off Sunday until the 12th towards LSJ and  where ever  trails take us. Bonjour !

Have a great & safe trip Wes!

Looking forward to your posts & a few pics!!

Best,

Tom

Trails around here are “good” but they really need cold weather and snow in that order. It was 35 here today 🙁 they are calling for snow Monday night and Tuesday as well as colder weather so fingers crossed. Still haven’t decided on tomorrow’s destination, either 100 lacs or Gouin. Also I was told the 83 from Parent to Relais 22 is open and groomed

Looking to come up in two weeks and stay/ride out if Drakkar. Hoping conditions keep getting better. Hey at least your getting some riding in. 

Thanks for the updates. Keep them coming while your up there. 

What a difference a day makes! Trails were much better today. Cold set in and we rode to Lake Bouchette mostly a white carpet ride on fresh groomed trails. La Tuque 351 to 355 up to here was really nice. Sorry I am not much of a picture taker but trust me it was nice! 7f out now👍 Enjoying supper at Auberge Eva with a few other Quebec riders Skidoo 420 and another.

2 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Hey, totally don't wanna hijack here, just a quick question that a Grassman or a 420man or a Pipeman might be able to quickly dispatch:

What or when is up with dispensaries closer to Trois Rivieres?

149671439_Quebec420.thumb.png.b6f948bb0e40d6b7318bd92c4b3e2523.png

The real deal is right in Trois Riveres. Rest easy.

Monday Lac Bouchette to old Scooby Raid / Mont Vilian. All trails until close to Mont Vilian were real nice, then no grooming and lacking snow. Today/ Tuesday we stayed on the Monts Valin and it is all excellent, groomers running. We went to Relais Wapishish very nice people and Jeff speaks perfect English. New cottages to stay at also. Sorry no pics because internet here at Auberge 31 is slow. 

Edited by Pipeman