2018-2019 Shawinigan Snow Reports

iceman

9 January 

0c Snow Machine on. Started back snowing good about 11pm. On and off in bursts all night. Now full on. Supposed to go until 9pm tomorrow much the same on and off. 8” Total so far since midnight monday. 

15.5 hour shift home now and off to bed. Back at 6:30pm tonight to do it all over again. No rest for the wicked. Riding will have to wait for me anyway. 

10 January 

snow stopped temps dropping solid 11-12” this storm in total. 3 more nights in the truck. 

Gotta go to bed. 

Trails gonna be sweet next week after the cold and grooming. Will be a madhouse this weekend, glad I work. 

10 January

-10c cold with the windchill 

groomers are out. Saw one by the snow dump by moto thibault in trois riveres paving the way for playhard.

snow removal at a standstill 12 of us waiting in Tim Hortons for a replacement snowblower. $$$$ gonna be costly for the boss tonight. All part of the game.

big trucks big bucks

20 January 

-19c snow and blowing snow conditions. Hard to say how much at least 6” could be more blowing all around. On the night shift time to truck da neige. Gonna be a long next few days. Hammer down.

21 January 

-16c snow is over for now. The cleanup is underway it’s gonna be a long long week for me. Calling for 15-20cm more Wednesday. Great we get to start all over. And have not done any of the business parking snow yet. Oh boy. Many hours ahead.

probably 8” from this last storm. 

Back to the big rig for another night. Until next time people. 

23 January

12c snowing again.saying 5-10cm today tonight , tomorrow who knows? Some say all snow here only time will tell. Been at work since 1pm yesterday got at least an hour left before i can make for chez ice.

off shift tonight, ice need sleep sometime? 

No?

Hopefully it stays all snow.  I will be rolling into Drakkar around 9am tomorrow.  Some of my group will be there later today.  If you are around this weekend Don and are free to ride let me know.

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Remember when you were 12?  Seems like just yesterday.

Staying up all night (and growing facial hair) was nuthin!  

951161952_Snow04Gaspe096.thumb.jpg.71bda227da6903861a274dcc387e598a.jpg

Feeling old and worn out

no rest for the wicked still at it. 

2 minutes ago, fredsleds said:

I don't see any trails on the FCMQ map.  Is this all off trail or is there a rtoad that you can ride.  Any gas there?  looks like a cool place.

It's a private trail

19 hours ago, Triggerhappy said:

Hopefully it stays all snow.  I will be rolling into Drakkar around 9am tomorrow.  Some of my group will be there later today.  If you are around this weekend Don and are free to ride let me know.

Have a good trip Chris ! We left for you a little Coureur Des Bois but Reggie is saving most of it for our return on Feb 1. 

Last year we took the Bras Louis North from TQ 93, made a right at the "T", then came to what I guess is the trail head to Zec Onatchiway.  We didn't take it as it was late in the day.  I'm going to be up the in February, I think it said ??30 KM from the trail head.  My questions would be;'

1. Is there food there?

2. Is the gas there?

3. How far form the intersection of the FCMQ trail is 30 KM correct, I doesn't rememebr exactly?

Thanks!!