2018-2019 Shawinigan Snow Reports

iceman

Their web site says you need to buy another pass.  Also, look like they may have had a fire this summer.  Thanks for the information, there's enough FCMQ trails to ride without buying another pass...

First, in between the Lac & the orange mapped trails: Looking at the Onatchiway gas/relay/resto go around the corner to the right and you'll see a toll house to get into the private roads to the private chalets, see Mario and his babe @ the Zec Onatchiway clubhouse and pay a small daily fee and enjoy a loop of perfectly magnificent trails, mention Team Iceman for a free tour of the Groomer garage! Then you can punch out at the north side to get to Pip.

106690317_Whatsticker.thumb.jpg.91c9d1a4a2efd8c9e8390e724a439229.jpg

395815398_Wheresthekeys.thumb.jpg.d2e82ddf2833fd64a62ab31ca521ab41.jpg

Edited by PLAYHARD

24 January

rain and freezing rain all day

changing back to snow now

0c temps falling off

not gonna hurt a bit after grooming will be sweet

finally got to sleep 10:45 last night unti 1pm today

back at garage 2pm and now here until the morning at least batteries recharged lets go

Playhard,

Thanks for the information.  As long as there is gas an food I think we'll check it out.

Your pics are from this year, correct? 

On their site it said $60 CAD per sled, but, if you leave the Zec before 23:30 on the day you go in they refund $30 CAD, so, maybe to ride some private trails is worth a few CAD's!!

Regards,

Fred

3 minutes ago, fredsleds said:

Playhard,

Thanks for the information.  As long as there is gas an food I think we'll check it out.

Your pics are from this year, correct? 

On their site it said $60 CAD per sled, but, if you leave the Zec before 23:30 on the day you go in they refund $30 CAD, so, maybe to ride some private trails is worth a few CAD's!!

Regards,

Fred

The gas and food is at Relais Onitchiway which is outside the Zec Onitchiway. Nothing in the ZEC. 

1 minute ago, fredsleds said:

Is there gas at the PIP too?  62 in and and 62 back might be a strech for my Sidewinder LOL

Not sure Pipmacuan is open this year.

And Playhards pics are not from this season. 

12 hours ago, Pipeman said:

Have a good trip Chris ! We left for you a little Coureur Des Bois but Reggie is saving most of it for our return on Feb 1. 

Thanks Wes!  We picked up a bottle today and we just got in and we all but finished the bottle.  

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is Icemans reporting page but as of yesterday, heres what I saw.

From Shawinigan over to St. Raymond there is close to 4 feet of snow on the ground. Only in 2008 have I seen deeper snow there. Reggie and Pascal have a crew in today to clear the roof on the  low units at the Drakkar. Unless it gets very warm, or a big rain, this area should run deep into March.