Any chance ?

EastMark

13 hours ago, EastMark said:

RDL riding between Christmas and New Years ?

Anyone seen decent riding in past years in this time slot ? I guess Im getting itchy. :-)

As for any other winter month, it's totally dependent on one women......Mother nature.

I think there is a good chance there will be riding Christmas week at RDL.  The Bas St Laurent area is often the first full area to be fully off and running each season (as an entire area). 

Check 'trail conditions' on 'sledmagazine.com' . They list the areas by region, such as Bas St Laurent. Then each club  of the region is listed and updated every couple days. Once there are a lot of 'greens', that tells you they are up and grooming, signed, and ready to rock and roll. I always check this site before making my trip as it gives me a good idea of the overall condition of the region.

mike

1 hour ago, mikerider said:

Non turbo.  I no longer need horsepower to attract the ladies, I have a puppy to do that.

Hahaha. Nice. I could have 3X the HP and Im still slow.

If we cant ride cant we at least talk sleds/sledding ?  LOL.  Sooo...What you got coming Mike ?

Got a 900 non turbo SkiDoo coming. Last 900 went 15,000 miles without a hiccup, hoping for the same. 

Less sled cost, better gas mileage = equals more BEER!

Mark, you got a whole week off at X-Mas? For sure go to RDL!

mike

I don't know of  any web cams.

I watch 'Trail Reports' on sledmagazine.com and click on the Bas St Laurent region. This gives a report of every club in the Bas St Laurent region. Thus, if most clubs post the green light, you know the trails are open, groomed and signed. This is the web site I always check before I head up for a vacation. It is upgraded by the clubs every couple days.

Once I arrive at RDL, I check the morning grooming report each day like everyone else does.

19 hours ago, mikerider said:

Got a 900 non turbo SkiDoo coming. Last 900 went 15,000 miles without a hiccup, hoping for the same. 

Less sled cost, better gas mileage = equals more BEER!

Mark, you got a whole week off at X-Mas? For sure go to RDL!

mike

The only thing wrong with Mike's last 900 it was terrible on fuel! But it ran like a bear.

Sure Joe, and your new 600R is probably going to be worse than your old 600.  lol

We need to get up to RDL and try out these new bad boys.

I am hoping for mid January if all goes well. Too much going on til then, will keep you posted.

mike

On 11/17/2018 at 5:40 PM, EastMark said:

I hear the Chic Chocs have a lot of snow already in elevation.

Before trails/grooming...How do you guys keep tabs if there is much snow on the ground in RDL .?

Must be some decent web cams somewhere in the area.

Yes plenty of snow....

D9EBAA16-72AE-46F2-8C16-2A3FF6B62086.jpeg

So this is interesting. In my quest to find a cam that shows a trail somewhere near the RDL area I figured a few things out. There may be a club house with one onces the season starts but none now.

Canada doesnt have public webcams everywhere like we do. Not sure what the reason is but there are much less in number there.

Interestingly, If you have a private webcam, this site proved to me it needs to be password protected. ;-) Im scratching my head that there is a site that gathers these links and shares them....   Crazy world !

https://www.insecam.org/en/bycountry/CA/?page=34

Enlightening.......search by country, type of places,etc. Yikes.