Any chance ?

EastMark

Phil.....love the Chic Choc share. Unreal !!

Snowman...huge dog lover here too. They make a house a home. Im the Dad to a 19 lb dog named Moose. He is our only dog....3rd Bichon we have had in a row.

Putting some SnowTracker carbides and Trail Blizzer scratchers on my new sled this coming week....and getting the sleds stickered. 🙂

Hoping to get up a little more than our usual 3 Day Trail Pass....even if its just out of Jackman or Eustis for an overnite or 2. 

So...On the season pass...I know prior to 12/9 saves some $. I saw it mentioned something about a “insurance rebate” and wondered about that. We personally insure our sleds year round and wondered if this “rebate” pertains to those who do have their own insurance or if its something else...?

Shot an email to my agent to see if I meet the criteria they require. For a $42 a sled rebate I dont want to risk not having enough coverage...either there or here. Good chance to review my coverages. 🙂 

Thanks for you’re speedy reply doo !

Edited by EastMark

10 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

yes if you have your own insurance you can apply for the rebate unless you are a resident of Quebec If you go go the FCMQ site under the trail permit tab there will be an insurance link. Follow that and it will process the application.

What? Residents of Quebec can not apply for the insurance rebate?

So my agent Has my sleds thru Allstate...I dont know much about it.500k Bodily Injury and 250k property damage. The FCMQ coverage is 500/500. Allstate doesnt offer 500 Prop Damage....so rather than change companies I will take the FCMQ coverage too. Not a huge difference.

So meantime til trails are ready....here is a article I read on Bas St Laurent sledding...and at the end links to 3 more BSL related articles. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking very promising. Eight out of thirteen clubs in the Bas St Laurant region giving a green light, meaning groomed, signed and up and running.  A few may be waiting for after Christmas.

Chaudiere region pretty much in full riding mode, giving another option, and one that is a closer drive.

Rode that area often over the years.  East and north of St. George is pretty good. I usually based out of the town of Montmagny. Not nearly as many club houses as RDL and more field riding in that area, but overall not bad. Not as scenic trails as RDL. About two hour less drive than RDL.  Not sure about good hotels if you want to stay closer to the Maine border and drive less. Maybe others can comment on good hotels.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/ca/riviere-du-loup/g5r/daily-weather-forecast/55768?day=2

If the forecasters are to be trusted (cough) then RDL seems to be getting a little less of a hit from this rain storm thats tearing thru Maine and beyond,....

Fingers crossed.

Hoping its to groom it and let it set up the base for this cold.

5-8” new Snow on the 28th

Cold all week..... -3 next Monday nite.

....so theres a chance !

Might ride there next Sat-Sunday after the snow.....

CB5C55E3-C72A-4B7F-8400-CBF8FBDB15FB.jpeg

Edited by EastMark
I cant spell

Kyle

At best its thin but hard saying because there are no reports anywhere I can find. I am also contemplating Jackman-Pittson Farm area too instead since neither RDL or Maine are great right now....but there are select trails in Maine that look ok at least.

I will go to the best conditions !

If you come across a current report repost it here.....the stuff at FCMQ is fairly vague.

Well, I ended up frustrated with lack of snow like everyone else. Looking at a bunch of web pages and factors ended up opting for a shorter drive to the County here in Maine. Worked out great...a few days of great riding. The RDL club hadnt updated trail conditions since 12/22 and hasnt yet...telling me trails hadnt improved. Next time. Love riding RDL area.