Trudeau puts tariffs on american snowmobilers

red sled

42 minutes ago, red sled said:

american snowmobilers coming over the border will pay a duty of 25% till trump lifts the steel and aluminum tariffs is this right

What? Where is this info coming from?

Are you sure it's not on new snowmobiles coming from the USA to be sold in Canada? I don't see how there could be a tariff on sleds bought in the USA coming across to be ridden there, if so it will only hurt Canada.

1 minute ago, Pipeman said:

Are you sure it's not on new snowmobiles coming from the USA to be sold in Canada? I don't see how there could be a tariff on sleds bought in the USA coming across to be ridden there, if so it will only hurt Canada.

I agree with this.   So im coming across to Canada and want to cross.... border patrol says your truck is worth $60k your sleds and trailer are worth another $35k and your girlfriend is worth $50k so you owe us $36k to come across....  makes sense to me....

I sure hope that this is just a late April fools joke, hopefully Trudeau is much smarter than this. A 25 % tax on Americans will most certainly hurt Canadians more than anyone. All the folks in business are basically running their ass' off paying taxes and insurance and trying to make a living and certainly do not need this kind of HELP?? Trump has made some bad decisions, especially with Canada and all our wonderful friends North of the border, but I can assure you IT IS NOT THE WAY THE AMERICANS REALLY FEEL OR WANT THINGS.Following Trumps lead is a mistake, we all know every day is a day closer to all this garbage ending. Most of us really enjoy our trips to Canada, our friends there, and it is a wonderful escape from all this garbage, hope this is not true!!

6 minutes ago, red sled said:

at gas and restaurants if u puul in on a sled ID wiil be asked for

I don't believe it.  What gas station attendant is going to take the time to ask for ID before you hand him CASH?  If I was a waitress or gas station I would not want this hassle so if paying cash they would never care.  I call BS.

1 hour ago, red sled said:

the 25%will be added at hotels resturants and gas stations across canada until tariffs are lifted national post

Blatent Lies.

Fake News. 

Post the link to where it says this. 

Edited by iceman

38 minutes ago, Triggerhappy said:

I don't believe it.  What gas station attendant is going to take the time to ask for ID before you hand him CASH?  If I was a waitress or gas station I would not want this hassle so if paying cash they would never care.  I call BS.

I too can find nothing on this, some one posting from Ontario is screwing with us!!

I've made a 8 trips in last 4 years back and forth over the border (RT 91, Vermont) with my sleds and no problems. Last year when I was coming back into USA, the agent wanted to know if I declared my sleds in the USA before I left and crossed into Canada. He said there is a form I should have filled out. Anybody no what this form is? Can I get it online? Can I file it online? Thanks

Edited by jdjr

40 minutes ago, Signfan said:

This is about as unfair as the steel and aluminum tariffs.  I'm all for it.  Fight fire with fire.  We love you American sledders.  Not so much your presidents unfair policies.  Lol.

hmmmm..............    my tongue is bleeding.