Trudeau puts tariffs on american snowmobilers

red sled

23 minutes ago, Triggerhappy said:

hmmmm..............    my tongue is bleeding.

Yes. Understood. Loud and Clear.

Sounds like “President Envy” some leaders are just soft. #justingotnoballs. Like Trump or hate him he is doing exactly what he promised he would do if elected. #makingamericagreatagain.

political rant over. 

Haters gonna Hate. 

I spoke to a friend of mine who buys steel from Canada and a charge was made on an invoice for a tariff charge from his suppliers.  He called and was told don't worry about it and not pay it . Now he is from Ontario and said the tariff charge wasn't going to make him lose business in the states.  Claimed it is all political.  Said his billing program just adds it now. Your right Ice he is doing what he said he would do.  Don't understand why people are so shocked.  My opinion only.  Be safe all.

1 hour ago, iceman said:

Yes. Understood. Loud and Clear.

Sounds like “President Envy” some leaders are just soft. #justingotnoballs. Like Trump or hate him he is doing exactly what he promised he would do if elected. #makingamericagreatagain.

political rant over. 

Haters gonna Hate. 

#justingotnoballs.................Priceless !  Yep I'm out before this gets ugly

Edited by Pipeman

Even if it were true, which I doubt, the exchange rate today is 1.32 less 25% we are still 7% ahead. 😁 How much fun can you afford to have. It’s just money...

1 hour ago, Phil 1 said:

Even if it were true, which I doubt, the exchange rate today is 1.32 less 25% we are still 7% ahead. 😁 How much fun can you afford to have. It’s just money.

This tariff is real and is directed to all US snowmobilers, especially the ones that meet and ride with Canadian snowmobilers !!  All Americans this winter will be expected to offer one free drink to a Canadian for every three they drink.  I am sure that is what Phil is trying to say. 

8 hours ago, Triggerhappy said:

I agree with this.   So im coming across to Canada and want to cross.... border patrol says your truck is worth $60k your sleds and trailer are worth another $35k and your girlfriend is worth $50k so you owe us $36k to come across....  makes sense to me....

Your in big doo doo declaring in writing your truck is worth more that your girlfriend!🤣

25 minutes ago, smclelan said:

This tariff is real and is directed to all US snowmobilers, especially the ones that meet and ride with Canadian snowmobilers !!  All Americans this winter will be expected to offer one free drink to a Canadian for every three they drink.  I am sure that is what Phil is trying to say. 

I heard all Canadian snowmobilers can cash in on the tariff at Quebec Riders newest paid sponsor The Universal in RDL just ask for the honorary mayor Mike Rider

Until I see proof I call Bull Sh*t,.Tourism is big business in most countries, why would any country shoot themselves in the foot this way to protest trade tariffs? It would have a far greater impact on Canadians that Americans.

39 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Being Canadian I can agree with this arrangement!!

30 minutes ago, mikerider said:

I would proudly buy any Canadian QuebecRider member  a drink while enjoying their fine friendship and good conversation. 

mike

Maybe our leaders should try this instead of tariffs!

Mike, the winner here is Universal Hotel, you will not be able to afford gas for your sled this winter!!!

4 hours ago, Cnc said:

Your in big doo doo declaring in writing your truck is worth more that your girlfriend!🤣

To me she is priceless but the damn border patrol doesn't seem to think so...  

that sounded good didn't it?  ;)

5 hours ago, smclelan said:

I'm ok with this tariff.  I figure we both still win.  

21 hours ago, quebec bob said:

I sure hope that this is just a late April fools joke, hopefully Trudeau is much smarter than this. A 25 % tax on Americans will most certainly hurt Canadians more than anyone. All the folks in business are basically running their ass' off paying taxes and insurance and trying to make a living and certainly do not need this kind of HELP?? Trump has made some bad decisions, especially with Canada and all our wonderful friends North of the border, but I can assure you IT IS NOT THE WAY THE AMERICANS REALLY FEEL OR WANT THINGS.Following Trumps lead is a mistake, we all know every day is a day closer to all this garbage ending. Most of us really enjoy our trips to Canada, our friends there, and it is a wonderful escape from all this garbage, hope this is not true!!

IT IS NOT THE WAY THE AMERICANS REALLY FEEL OR WANT THINGS.  Post this garbage / your opinion on a political forum - not Quebec Rider. You don't speak for me. Enough said. Thank you. 

10 hours ago, Triggerhappy said:

To me she is priceless but the damn border patrol doesn't seem to think so...  

that sounded good didn't it?  ;)

Hey you do the back Stroke very well!!😁

13 minutes ago, Triggerhappy said:

You should see my peddling ability!  :)

Or my Side stepping....  lol

I usually tread water while sinking slowly. 😁

54 minutes ago, Cnc said:

I usually tread water while sinking slowly. 😁

Must be those concrete shoes your "friends" bought you....  :)

BTW if I get a chance to bump into you (or any Quebec snowmobiler) I would be happy to buy you a "tariff" beer.  :)

23 hours ago, jdjr said:

I've made a 8 trips in last 4 years back and forth over the border (RT 91, Vermont) with my sleds and no problems. Last year when I was coming back into USA, the agent wanted to know if I declared my sleds in the USA before I left and crossed into Canada. He said there is a form I should have filled out. Anybody no what this form is? Can I get it online? Can I file it online? Thanks

He was only concerned about the sled? Not the trailer or truck?  Sounds like an inexperienced agent.  

If you really want to go through the trouble, the form is known as CBP 4455

Must declare and present form at US side of crossing to be valid.  Be sure to list everything including belts, accessories, gear... as it will be inspected and confirmed by an agent. Expect to add an hour on each crossing to process paperwork.  At the time I used it for test equipment,  there was no cost.   Have fun

5 hours ago, Triggerhappy said:

Must be those concrete shoes your "friends" bought you....  :)

BTW if I get a chance to bump into you (or any Quebec snowmobiler) I would be happy to buy you a "tariff" beer.  :)

The shoes were a gift from my wife! Your on for the tariff beer, refundable on the second round  (grin) I don’t however drink unless the sled is parked for the night. 

3 hours ago, Cnc said:

The shoes were a gift from my wife! Your on for the tariff beer, refundable on the second round  (grin) I don’t however drink unless the sled is parked for the night. 

Your wife must love be you!!!  Lol

end of the day drink.  You got it.