Groomer Contest 2018-19

iceman

On 12/2/2018 at 12:07 PM, PLAYHARD said:

Hey, does the "official" pass have to be with a drag, or does stag count, cuz without the drag is it not quite "grooming"?

On 12/2/2018 at 12:25 PM, iceman said:

Very good question....

With the drag, resulting in and therefore representing the first groomed trail here of the season. 

The question was asked and answered a week ago. Keep up people. 

No rules have been added. Grooming means with a drag. It’s my interpretation and unfortunately the only one that counts here as it’s my sandbox and that’s the way it goes. 

Anyone unhappy is more than welcome to participate in the other contests offered here on QR. Oh wait there are no others. Have not seen the When will groomer pass the Delta free giveaway. Or Hotel Universel, or any other.  Maybe next year. 

1 hour ago, dooright said:

Thinking your the winner 🏆 if it did pass ! 

Not yet but maybe soon. 

The machine passed with NO drag. Therefore no groomed trail and no official first pass. 

Familiar photo to those who know. Clearly VTT trail on left,(yes being used by sleds but they are not supposed to) sled trail on right with tracks from Machine passing. 

BAFD2FD8-FEA0-4206-9152-DDC37D066CCB.thumb.jpeg.c38aba203d6385096d8d2a327c542aa5.jpeg

Road Crossing on the 157, they filled the ditch, clearly tracks heading toward chez ice but no drag. 

74E9462E-6DFD-4099-844C-2CDA68684FCB.thumb.jpeg.093f532bae5fb6d7988552c1157cfc19.jpeg

Safe spaces are being set up for those in need. Due to being unhappy with the results. 

I am sure it will be better in two weeks. 

The Hotel Universel can not match a contest put on by Iceman. However, with Iceman's permission, I will by the winner a beer or glass of wine at the Universel if he or she stops in when I am there.

Maybe others would like to add to the winner's pot, again, if ok by Iceman! 

mike

50 minutes ago, smclelan said:

Hats off the the operators. It is a long day packing wet areas and getting in and out to cut overhanging trees. 

Very true. They are doing it right. Temps all week should be very cold well below zero each night so it should help alot to freeze up any ares that are problematic.

Update....

machine passed again. NO DRAG.  Saw some guys with orange vests by my road. Stopped to talk they told me still trees to cut near la Gabelle to get down to river crossing. More trees between Mont Carmel and Lac a Tortue to be cleared. When it’s done they will surface. 

Standing by. 

News flash. Breaking News not fake news. 

eddieskidoo is our 2018-2019 winner. 

Was hard to see as was dark when I arrived home, Had to hurry back out as was a birthday dinner tonight for the Mrs. who’s real birthday is tomorrow. But anyway. Just got home and stopped in two places to check and the groomer with drag definitely passed on the sled trail today. According to Imotoneige they did not go far but they passed here and that’s all that matters. 

Congratulations eddieskidoo

FCC243D3-F8FF-4B65-9AFC-929F828FBF9B.thumb.png.5bf8c44d4a75fd3af3aa58eafeef9dae.png

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 10:02 PM, iceman said:

News flash. Breaking News not fake news. 

eddieskidoo is our 2018-2019 winner. 

Was hard to see as was dark when I arrived home, Had to hurry back out as was a birthday dinner tonight for the Mrs. who’s real birthday is tomorrow. But anyway. Just got home and stopped in two places to check and the groomer with drag definitely passed on the sled trail today. According to Imotoneige they did not go far but they passed here and that’s all that matters. 

Congratulations eddieskidoo

FCC243D3-F8FF-4B65-9AFC-929F828FBF9B.thumb.png.5bf8c44d4a75fd3af3aa58eafeef9dae.png

Everybody gets lucky one time in there life .  Was in the area wed night on our way to mattiwin,  and saw that a groomer crossed highway 155 in shawinigan  and said maybe tonite ...   Dave and myself road all around the lecabinon area thurs and fri.   then home yesterday.      Don, thanks for the fun  before the season starts.     Hope to see all of you guys soon. And to all the other people who guessed ,there's always next yr ,     Ed