Quebec Ride this weekend

2018RENAGADEXRS850

4 hours ago, 2018RENAGADEXRS850 said:

We ride PQ often but not this early in the season. I just picked up my new sled and we are itching to ride. Where would all you experienced members of this recommend to ride this weekend?

Saint-Zenon, Mont Valin, or Gaspe

I think Valin on a weekend can be a Zoo and when you add in Everyone itching to ride.....

Towing just posted a video\ride from Zenon area and it looked good. DooRight's link should show grooming and trail conditions, also get the iMotoneige App to confirm.

Later

GutZ

For those itching for a good ride this coming weekend and would like access to Mt Valin but miss the crowds, you could consider, the Danube, At Forestville or Hotel Pelchat at Escoumin. Tons of snow east of Mt Valin and very few sleds. All trails were open except the lower end of the 93 to Sacre Cour.  Avoid this at all costs until groomed😁

The “School bus” trail to Valin from Escoumin is groomed and awesome!

The Escoumin club house is open and has fuel

note, we did not go to hotel Pelchat, so call them to verify that the lower trail thru the village is open to the hotel

The upper local trail to Forestville is awesome.

The fcmq grooming map should change daily so stay tuned.

Happy Trails 

RREBBF1E89-209F-4846-B4ED-579F054960BD.thumb.jpeg.5b435e3a626b04d019c838fda2db057e.jpeg

Just got back after midnight. Rode from Lecabanon Friday and Saturday. Yesterday morning was -30c so it was quite a challenge.

Rode 405 miles the two days on conditions that were as good or better than any first/early season ride ever. Went to Repos and back both days as it was recently groomed all the way to there. Tried to go north to Kanawata and west to Manawan but neither was groomed or had any tracks so decided against it. People were coming from both St Michele and St Zenon but not any farther north. Typical vigilance was necessary as you never knew if the next corner or hill was going to have a low tree branch or soccer ball size rock laying somewhere. Overall though 98% was perfect. Some stretches you would swear it was more mid winter conditions. I would guess Lecabanon was a little over half full when I left yesterday afternoon. Had a blast and got the monkey off my back for now. Heading up again the day after Christmas for 4 days. Here are some pics....

8880B615-7FA8-492D-B255-BC0EE9421EEA.jpeg

30BF7D3E-92D9-482B-9300-BC0259DE3262.jpeg

1 hour ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Last pic....One of my favorite sections heading out towards the Repos

89F67261-EF9F-4FDA-96A4-D95255DF01B0.jpeg

The old Zumo’s still work well, I use a 550. 

Thanks for the photos.

1 hour ago, Phil 1 said:

The old Zumo’s still work well, I use a 550. 

Thanks for the photos.

I bought that Zumo like 10 yrs ago for 375.00 It has been on 4 sleds now and several rentals. Still looks and functions "as new" (even the original battery)and at this point I have

"deep emotional/sentimental" attachment to it. The day it goes the flag will be flying half staff in my yard.

46 minutes ago, RoadRunner said:

Those conditions look awesome snowmaster, we are off to a great start this season!

Yeah for sure RoadRunner heard things in northern Maine were looking good too. The thing that has me concerned is the next 3 weeks dont look super promising. 4 days above freezing in St Zenon before I get there again on the 26th but I remain optimistic. Dose not look like a white Christmas at home for sure.