Le Cabanon December 13th - 16th

Carman80

6 of us are leaving the Toronto area and heading to Le Cabanon next week for a couple days of riding. We are hoping to ride 3 or 4 different loops approximately 300km/day. Looking for trail condition info, groomer activity info and recommendations on 3 good loops we can do with good lunch stops.

Thanks in advance,

Carm

Edited by Carman80

You might consider waiting a little longer in the season for 3 or 4 loops out of Cabanon, It is very early conditions right now with not even 1/4 of trails open. The lakes are not safe to ride, lots of water  not froze yet, limited grooming for trail connections, places not open full time yet, etc. I have been riding this area for almost 30 years. We have a house across the lake from Cabanon. Went up several years for Xmas week and even then it is a hit or miss for good conditions. 300km/day trips are very doable from there from mid Jan thru mid March, just not in mid Dec. It is just too early. I would wait a month or go to Valins. I hope this helps.

JimP

On 12/14/2018 at 10:11 PM, doo4adoo said:

Hows the weather up that way

freezing rain in Ottawa today

hoping to head that way early next 

thanks 

mike

No freezing rain all snow, warm up did not effect the area at all, trails are in mid season conditions