Rodmax

planning a trip, info welcome!

Recommended Posts

Planning a loop , leaving from Qc city to LSJ-Chibougamou-Val D'or-back to Qc. I have read some older posts and it doesn't sound like there are any major issues with this ride, but I would like to be sure about gas. Looks like there are many places to stay along the route. I plan on reserving when I set a departure date(late feb). We will be 2 guys , one renegade 1200 and one expy sport 900.   Any info would be helpful, places to stay, places to eat and where to fuel up!! (would like to do this in 5-7 days)

I didn't post in the regional forums because I am covering 3-4 different regions.

 

Thanks , Rodney.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s a great trip... One of the fuel stops isn’t opening this winter...and for the life of me I can’t remember the name, but Groomer will know, I asked him the same question last week lol..The place that had the big field fires and its desolate. UMMMM...someone will know here.

 

 

Jean-Guy?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lindasledgirl said:

That’s a great trip... One of the fuel stops isn’t opening this winter...and for the life of me I can’t remember the name, but Groomer will know, I asked him the same question last week lol..The place that had the big field fires and its desolate. UMMMM...someone will know here.

 

 

Jean-Guy?

Balbouzard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 days should do it and add 1 for weather or brake downs, We always like to carry some gas on those long trips just in case. Never know, deep snow or some place is closed. Make reservations in LSJ and Chibougamau, hockey kids can be your enemy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When coming from Clova, a few miles from Balbouzard, you drop down off the trail onto  a plowed  road, to the right is Balbouzard  and trail, just go straight (left) on plowed rd, that will take you back onto trail cutting off a big loop that  passes Balbouzard and  the burnt area,    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, mcstar said:

When coming from Clova, a few miles from Balbouzard, you drop down off the trail onto  a plowed  road, to the right is Balbouzard  and trail, just go straight (left) on plowed rd, that will take you back onto trail cutting off a big loop that  passes Balbouzard and  the burnt area,    

I have a feeling with Balbuzard closed this winter, they won't take the trail right past their door

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rodmax said:

I imagine most places along the 93 and 83 only take cash, would this be true?

Those are long trails. Be more specific on where you mean. 

Examples 83/93 Relais 22, Wemotachi .Parent, Clova, Lac Faillon, Seneterre, Lebel Sur Quevillon,  Chapais, Chibougamau then La Doré all usually credit cards not a problem as most are regular gas stations except lac Faillon(but they take cards), cash only between Chibougamau and La Dore At Scierie 54 (sawmill). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the input, I am still ironing out details  using the interactive map. I am leaning towards the first of march for this trip.

does this look realistic, no real big mile days but very doable I think depending on weather and trails.

Day 1 Four Pt. Qc city  to 3#-369-23-83-Roberval  approx. 320 km

Day 2 Roberval-373-93- Chibougamau approx. 315 km

Day 3 Chib-93-Sennetere approx. 350

Day 4 sennetere-83- Timbrell approx 380 km

Day 5 Timbrell 83-73- La Tuque approx. 360 km

Day 6 La Tuque 73-3- Qc city. approx 225 km

any info on places to stay and where to fuel up etc..will be appreciated!!

Thanks, Rodney.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Rodmax said:

Thanks for the input, I am still ironing out details  using the interactive map. I am leaning towards the first of march for this trip.

does this look realistic, no real big mile days but very doable I think depending on weather and trails.

Day 1 Four Pt. Qc city  to 3#-369-23-83-Roberval  approx. 320 km

Day 2 Roberval-373-93- Chibougamau approx. 315 km

Day 3 Chib-93-Sennetere approx. 350

Day 4 sennetere-83- Timbrell approx 380 km

Day 5 Timbrell 83-73- La Tuque approx. 360 km

Day 6 La Tuque 73-3- Qc city. approx 225 km

any info on places to stay and where to fuel up etc..will be appreciated!!

Thanks, Rodney.

 

 

Looks like a good itinerary, should be a great trip, hopefully you get good weather and freshly groomed trails! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

X2.  It's been a few years but it is a great place.  Cabins were brand new.  Will need to ride into town for food and drink.  When we were there last it was raining heavily.  They hung our suits up in their garage and brought our sleds in to dry and gave us a minivan to go to town for dinner and drinks.  Highly recommend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.