Problems with imotoneige

Blueblood

Went to my app store to download the app and it said I needed to update my phone?   It's a Droid maxx only a couple years old?  Also my girlfriend has noticed the app seems slower than last year's version?  Thanks for any insight on this.

I am also having a similar problem. When I go to the Android play store, it says all of my devices are incompatible with this app.   ?????

Had this issue with a I phone 4S a few years back updating I motoneige from one year to the next. Phone was not compatible with the NEWER App. Up graded my phone and no issues to date.Guess just like computers as newer models and advancements come along, they can’t or don’t produce programs or apps that are compatible with both older and newer software / hardware.

26 minutes ago, Blueblood said:

Same thing with me phones fine don't want to upgrade for the app.  I have the Polaris pidd and my gf has the app on her phone and a iPad set up on her sled like a GPS.  And always have paper map with us.

Not sure on that Polaris app, it may be good to check it against the latest paper from FCMQ map or I motoneige. Reason I mention this is I had a Polaris app a few years back, now it may not be the same platform as you have but it was seriously out of date when I down loaded it. Just in my area of the laurentiens it showed at least 2 trails that had been closed and non existent for a few years and and one newer trail was not on there. 

I actually was just looking at a few of the area's were planning on going this winter and yes it's not accurate.   I will be putting the newest version in this weekend hopefully it's better.  It also asks if I'm in Canada or the USA when I do that.  Thinking if I say Canada it will give me better info?  It definitely is not as good as imotoneige but it is displayed on my dash for quick reference.

1 hour ago, Blueblood said:

I actually was just looking at a few of the area's were planning on going this winter and yes it's not accurate.   I will be putting the newest version in this weekend hopefully it's better.  It also asks if I'm in Canada or the USA when I do that.  Thinking if I say Canada it will give me better info?  It definitely is not as good as imotoneige but it is displayed on my dash for quick reference.

If you say you are Canadian, the app may speak French to you!  :rolleyes:

Jack & Sandi

18 hours ago, Blueblood said:

When I noticed the irregularities in my area, I emailed them. The response was something like, we try to have the latest info from clubs and local riders giving us info and did I wish to be an adviser for my area. Trying I guess but how do you keep a mapping program current With all the season to season changes unless you consult the governing bodies of the different state / Provence’s and their latest trail info. Anyway certainly better than the old days no maps and the odd sign mostly pointing to a watering hole.