Mont Tremblant Park Access --No 2 strokes!!!

Andyman

Mont-Tremblant National Park - Conditional and exceptional authorization granted to snowmobilers by the new Québec government

QUEBEC, Dec. 13 2018 / CNW Telbec / - The Minister of Forests, Wildlife and Parks, in accordance with section 21 of the Parks Regulations, conditionally and exceptionally authorizes snowmobiling on the Caribou Trail, located in the Mont-Tremblant National Park , for the winter season 2018-2019.

This authorization is linked to the establishment in December 2018 of a special working committee of the Regional Administrative Conference. This special committee will be formed jointly by the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing and the Ministry of Economy and Innovation, in consultation with the Ministry of Tourism. It will bring together government and non-government stakeholders from the region to take stock of all the economic development issues facing the municipality of Saint-Donat . A report proposing possible solutions will be filed with government authorities by the end of January 2019. 

This access authorization, also related to the postponement of the opening of the new section of Saint-Faustin-Lac-Carré, will link the municipality of Saint-Donat to the city of Mont-Tremblant .

Conditions of Use
The authorization to use the Caribou Trail is subject to a series of conditions:

• traffic is permitted only on the Caribou Trail, a marked trail of about twenty-eight (28) kilometers taking the path n o  7 and part of the way n o  3 between the Municipalities of St. Donat and St. Michel-des-Saints ;
  • traffic is only allowed between 7 am and 9 pm;
  • the maximum speed allowed is 50 km / h;
  • off-trail and waterway traffic is prohibited;
  • no stops are permitted while crossing the national park;
  • no snowmobile known as "two-stroke" is allowed;
  • a signage plan and a trail maintenance plan must be submitted to the management of Mont-Tremblant National Park .

Finally, snowmobilers wishing to use the Caribou trail must hold an access authorization issued upon payment of the fees.

The park wardens of the Quebec Open-Air Establishment Corporation (SÉPAQ), in collaboration with the wildlife protection officers of the Ministry of Forests, Wildlife and Parks, will ensure compliance with the regulations and raise awareness among users of the Caribou Trail to respect conditions throughout the season. 

I booked it at 9am today! I said last night, better do a trip before they don’t allow it any more. Going to Vieux du Moulin. 

argh!

4 stroke, no stops, 50km and the pass they speak of? That isn’t the trail pass? Looks like a special pass?

Any 4 Stroke good to go or just the ones with mirrors and no studs?

Think I will go see my graphic guy.

I will be riding one of the first Ski Doo

850 Four Stroke prototype 

Edited by Fuse6

2 hours ago, lindasledgirl said:

4 stroke, no stops, 50km and the pass they speak of? That isn’t the trail pass? Looks like a special pass?

Seems they will have a gate with gardians at each end of the 18 miles trail and you will have to pay the national park daily fee that is $8,60/person/day to enter

may have more details in the next days

2 hours ago, Pipeman said:

No 2 strokes....oh well it’s a start, the Mont Tremblant area has never been a friendly snowmobile area. Thanks for the info Andy

it's not in Mont-Tremblant area which is in Laurentides but in park of Mont Tremblant in Lanaudiere, the Caribou trail will link the north est of St-Donat toward St-Michel des Saint

Edited by towing

On 12/5/2018 at 6:58 PM, Trailblazer said:

Nice pic Linda

On 12/5/2018 at 4:32 PM, mcstar said:

Lobster Dinner ??   When ??

On 12/8/2018 at 8:54 AM, mcstar said:

Don, just give me the dates..............I'll see if I can work around it!

8 hours ago, towing said:

Seems they will have a gate with gardians at each end of the 18 miles trail and you will have to pay the national park daily fee that is $8,60/person/day to enter

may have more details in the next days

it's not in Mont-Tremblant area which is in Laurentides but in park of Mont Tremblant in Lanaudiere, the Caribou trail will link the north est of St-Donat toward St-Michel des Saint

Thanks!! I better get a map. 

Oops  my apologies and thank you for clarifying towing I should’ve realize that when it said Caribou Trail. That’s what I get for being a speed reader.... either way as others have stated not interested I have the new Polaris 850 4 stroke Proto type for this year 🙂

1 hour ago, Pipeman said:

Honestly the only time I hear annoying pipes anymore is when I am in town there’s  some local ripping around on it with a brush on top of his or her helmet 

I think your right 90% of the time it's a local kid\young adult. The Brothers and I usually call it "The Call Of The Wild". Nice cold night and we're standing outside in QC or home and off in the distance you hear a Piped Sled ripping along .  From here it brings back memories... 

I can't imagine if the trail went by the house with in a 100 feet, wow.

If the 2 or 4 strokes are within reasonable noise levels and we don't ride like @$$holes in neighborhoods we will all do better.

Later

GutZ

PS: back 30 years we were that @$$hole..... Modified Paint Can Silencer on a 76 SnoJet FreeAir!!!

Edited by MrGutz

WE should never get started with paying for a piece of trail . it will kill the sport. lsj did it to a couple farmers a few years ago.. no 2 strokes another bad idea , they are as clean as 4 strokes. what about summer traffic polluting... they are not the ones to groom so why do we pay sepac. , in the long run if this does not change it will be even worst for st. donat..people will skip the area all together..

As for the pipes on sleds I personally paid too much money to slam a tuned pipe on my trail sled to void the warranty.  Plus we are so far in the bush it's a pain to tow back. Manufacturers I would think put the right stuff on their sleds so we don't have to tow a sled home.  Think of this . Everyone on the site rides good stuff.  All of our sleds are newer than 2014 or newer and are very well maintained.  As for this trail they don't want snowmobiles in that area so let them have it but they will come after another area in the future.  Just my thoughts guys. Hopefully I am wrong. 

2 hours ago, grumpysanta said:

WE should never get started with paying for a piece of trail . it will kill the sport. lsj did it to a couple farmers a few years ago.. no 2 strokes another bad idea , they are as clean as 4 strokes. what about summer traffic polluting... they are not the ones to groom so why do we pay sepac. , in the long run if this does not change it will be even worst for st. donat..people will skip the area all together..

A region on NY (Old Forge) has their own fee atop the ridiculous fee NY collects.  

I chose to refuse riding in a 30 mile area where every other rider is.  Not dealing with 50 people poking along on a trail.  Prefer what is available a few miles north of the border. 

Regarding 2 strokes.  They have improved since I began riding.  They can never be clean as a 4 stroke. Dont care what the manufacturer claims. If you can smell injector oil after a sled passes, the the sled is burning oil. I'm not going to bash the design, the engines are awesome and light. It's no longer something I choose to ride during a saddle bag trip 

Is the fee going to break your snowmobile budget, not likely. You can chose not to travel through the park. On the plus side it sounds like it wasn't open for sled previous winters and it is now.  We gained a trail rather then loosing another one. I believe there in an area in the LSJ area not far from Onatchiway that charges a fee to ride their trails. 

17 minutes ago, smclelan said:

believe there in an area in the LSJ area not far from Onatchiway that charges a fee to ride their trails. 

Yes Zec Onitchaway. Right next to Relais Onitchaway. 

Did it once. Nicely maintained private trails. 

It’s a catch 22 situation IMO. Use the trail and pay the extra fee and if it is successful the powers that be will be looking at this wondering if extra fees could be applied elsewhere as well, or say no way with the extra hoops to jump through and avoid it, proving or providing amo to those who don’t want trails in parks that the trail is  not needed or there is not enough snowmobile  traffic in the area to warrant keeping it open.

Maybe just put in toll booths everywhere. The trail pass could be just a thing of the past.

Nonsense to pay to access the park. Zec Onitchaway is a private trail system cannot compare that to this trail through the parc. 

Anyone who goes and pays $$ to pass there is stupid. Let it die. Do not support that area. Simple. When they want us to come and they open it for free, I still won’t go. Sorry but this whole thing stinks of bullsh**.  Now if they opened the trail through the Haute Gorges that would be worth paying. To go from Donat to St Michel big NO.

If they try to do this everywhere in the parcs, it would be the beginning of the end. 

Jet ski’s in the Caribbean is looking better and better.

3 hours ago, iceman said:

Maybe just put in toll booths everywhere. The trail pass could be just a thing of the past.

This was implemented in New Jersey.  Completely closed down every trail.  Now the system is in place on all major highways.   

Don't be like New Jersey. 

HAUTE  GORGES    was great now the bypassed i don't think its popular anymore . would be good to get it back. ..The only time i paid for trail was the first year they opened LA PORTE DE ENFER . and someone had to pay for grooming and to bring  gas and food into the middle, i believe it was forest wardens that ran it that year... PRIVATE TRAIL is not the same thing as FCMQ. trails.  THE zEC  O. is private but u dont have to use it. its a choice.