Mont Tremblant Park Access --No 2 strokes!!!

Andyman

On 12/15/2018 at 3:42 PM, smclelan said:

I believe there in an area in the LSJ area not far from Onatchiway that charges a fee to ride their trails. 

Mmm hmm!  Just around the corner up the road to the right of the lunch resto.  Tell Mario at the toll gate that you're a Team Iceman rider and you get a free tour of his groomer garage!   That's a perfectly manicured little wonderland of a loop around the private chalets.  Bonus ride definitely worth checking out.  But not an essential artery like this other deal. 

Not that my 2-cents is worth 2-cents, but I think that govt park reopening is a step in the right direction, and not too worried about the precedent of private land owners extorting extra fees.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, actionjack said:

Did this actually open?  Did anyone ride it? I don't see it on iMotoneige. The Saint Faustin connector is probably more important for the Saint Donat area anyway. 

it is open since the beginning of the season with the restrictions mentionned and you have to pay your fee of $8,60/day/person on internet before going or place your money in a box at the Park entrance. There are no people or cashier at the entrances but the trail is randomly patrol  by parks agents. You won't see it on iMotoneige or interactive fcmq map because it is not considered as a federate trail (don't ask me why!).

Personnally I had not ride it and won't,  even if i can go with my 4 stroke. For me it's unacceptable restrictions and a dangerous precedent to ask money for passing on a territory(park in this case). Reopening the whole park the way it was in the old years  with all the wide trail would have been something but reopening only the Caribou trail, one drag wide with a buch of restriction and asking money over the top: No thanks for me, but this is just my own opinion

As for St-Faustin connector, local snowmobile club announce this week that they finally just got all the autorizations from government, environment and they will begin the bidding process in the next week for the trail construction work 

On 12/18/2018 at 1:25 PM, grumpysanta said:

HAUTE  GORGES    was great now the bypassed i don't think its popular anymore . would be good to get it back. ..The only time i paid for trail was the first year they opened LA PORTE DE ENFER . and someone had to pay for grooming and to bring  gas and food into the middle, i believe it was forest wardens that ran it that year... PRIVATE TRAIL is not the same thing as FCMQ. trails.  THE zEC  O. is private but u dont have to use it. its a choice.

You're forgetting about the property owner in Pointe Fortune that would charge everyone 5$ to get off the Ottawa river before the dam using his property. Then you somehow escaped by mingling in with others in Campbelton, NB the 25$ day pass to continue on to QC.

TRAILBLAZER.. if i remember right it was  1 or 2 dollars in pte. fortune for 1 year only when he first bought  the property but he does not charge now . i  have memory loss  for n.b......lol. but i think u have slipped by moose valley a time or two.

• 2 months later...
On 3/20/2019 at 9:25 PM, towing said:

it is open since the beginning of the season with the restrictions mentionned and you have to pay your fee of $8,60/day/person on internet before going or place your money in a box at the Park entrance. There are no people or cashier at the entrances but the trail is randomly patrol  by parks agents. You won't see it on iMotoneige or interactive fcmq map because it is not considered as a federate trail (don't ask me why!).

Personnally I had not ride it and won't,  even if i can go with my 4 stroke. For me it's unacceptable restrictions and a dangerous precedent to ask money for passing on a territory(park in this case). Reopening the whole park the way it was in the old years  with all the wide trail would have been something but reopening only the Caribou trail, one drag wide with a buch of restriction and asking money over the top: No thanks for me, but this is just my own opinion

As for St-Faustin connector, local snowmobile club announce this week that they finally just got all the autorizations from government, environment and they will begin the bidding process in the next week for the trail construction work 

Is there a collection box at both the north and south ends? If there is no one there what proof do you have that you paid?

45 minutes ago, Signfan said:

Is there a collection box at both the north and south ends? If there is no one there what proof do you have that you paid?

Yes there was a green collection box at both park entrance each ends and you should put you payment in an envelop, keep the receipt that was attached to this envelop before dropping it in the green box. If you got ckecked in the park, you need to show your receipt and the agent take the number on it with your personal information and later they verify with the receipt number if your envelop contain the payment... if not, a fine is sent to you by mail.

It is a similar process already used for ZEC acces( Z.E.C.= (controlled harvesting zones) in the summer for all users(car/atv/motorcycles...) that acces them outside cashier opening hours or by some gates without cashier. Those same ZEC that we travel for free in winter and there are many in Lanaudière that the trail network pass on: Zec des Nymphes, Zec Lavigne, Zec Chapeau de Paille just to name few and they are all independent one from the other... this is also why it's worrysome to see some park organisation starting to bill us for passing in winter, not good at all.

Thanks for the explanation.  Makes sense.  I agree as snowmobiliers we have no problem paying for trails.  When asked to pay twice it gets a little tough to stomach though.  I take it the St Donat club is looking after maintenance on this 28 km stretch despite not being able to enforce FCMQ permits or to receive any of the funds the park collects?

7 hours ago, Signfan said:

I take it the St Donat club is looking after maintenance on this 28 km stretch despite not being able to enforce FCMQ permits or to receive any of the funds the park collects?

Yep it's right, the collected money goes to the sepac (park administration). It's not a big deal to pay $8,60 to cross the Mont-tremblant Park but I exactely know where it can lead us in a couple years. The Atv summer users had live with this problem for years before. By example doing an atv ride Shawinigan/LaTuque round trip on 2 days was $54 just in Zec acces fees. Their federation FQCQ had work hard and negotiated an agreement with the Zec to autorise Fqcq members to pass on federate trails on the Zecs without having to pay zec fees. This agreement is new from 2 years ago and have been renew again this season but no garanties it will next years...

Anyway for the park we will need to wait at fall to know what will happen for the next season... If St-Faustin/Mt-Tremblant(city) new trail is done, not sure the park will be reopened.

• 2 months later...

The Petit Train Du Nord  trail closing back in the day was a joke, as well as a money-grab for everyone who lived within a certain margin along side of it..... This park access smells the same....  half of the SEPAQ agents would not even know how to tell which was a 2, or which is a 4 stroke sled...LOL

• 3 months later...

The Goverment keep the authorization for the snowmobiles to use the Caribou trail of the Mont-Tremblant Park for the 2019-2020 season with the exact same conditions as last season. The text is in french but it is the same as last season. They underline that it is a special authorization given because of the St-Faustin trail not officially open yet...

https://mffp.gouv.qc.ca/parc-national-mont-tremblant-autorisation-conditionnelle-exceptionnelle-accordee-motoneigistes-2019-11-21/?lang=en

1 hour ago, Signfan said:

Is the st faustin by-pass not opening this season?

Basically the work on it is all finished, but there are a handful of residents that are now complaining about before it even opens. There is a group of mediators that will work to listen to the residents concerns and I presume find solutions make assurances. The Quebec government has invested close to 3 million dollars in this section of trail, I am reasonably sure they are not going to walk away from the trail, but when / if it opens, I think there will be lots of stop signs at every driveway and a low maximum speed limit. I do hope that everyone that passes on it respects whatever restrictions they impose to appease those residents, more than ever it will just take a few throttle jockeys to screw it for all of us. 

3 hours ago, Signfan said:

Is the st faustin by-pass not opening this season?

It is a good question! The facts are that the trail bypass have been completed with all the required authorizations but on the section along the #117 road,  the trail pass on the back of some houses nearer than 30meters and some owners are unhappy about it and already protest against this new trail before it open.  Legally there was no authorization to ask to the owners because the trail is not on their properties, it was on the side of the road but the distance is a fact. Also, to build the trail, they remove the trees that were making a sound barrier between the #117 and their houses...  

at this point, a committee was formed and is trying to find a solution to the problem for opening this trail... we are waiting for their output. They have to be carefull because the actuel timing is not good at all with the"immunity against prosecution"for offroad  vehicule trail ending on the 1st january 2020

From what I understand in the above link, the Mont-Tremblant trail will remain open this season no matter what's happen with the St-Faustin Bypass but nothing sure for the next seasons.

Edited by towing

3 million dollars and the better part of a year spent in an effort to reconnect the trail network and people complaining before a single person has even used it. Basically the reality of it is that the trail never really needed to be built in the first place, the old trail should have never been closed, a lot of people were financially hurt by it over the years. Over the last 5 decades some of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting have been people hunting, fishing and snowmobiling. By far these groups have high respect for the outdoors as well as others using it, and by a larger margin, the number of people who constitute a problem is very small. I am beginning to realize that if no one ever did anything wrong, like in the case if this brand new, unused trail, that there will still be people complaining and trying to stop this great sport, and the only reason it was built was to appease some other group for the very same reason. The sad part is it is just not snowmobiling, it is hunting, fishing, 4 wheelers, and where I live logging. Seems like some people are opposed to anything they do not participate in, I recently said sledding is one of the most enjoyable things to do that is still legal!!

4 hours ago, quebec bob said:

3 million dollars and the better part of a year spent in an effort to reconnect the trail network and people complaining before a single person has even used it. Basically the reality of it is that the trail never really needed to be built in the first place, the old trail should have never been closed, a lot of people were financially hurt by it over the years. Over the last 5 decades some of the nicest people I have had the pleasure of meeting have been people hunting, fishing and snowmobiling. By far these groups have high respect for the outdoors as well as others using it, and by a larger margin, the number of people who constitute a problem is very small. I am beginning to realize that if no one ever did anything wrong, like in the case if this brand new, unused trail, that there will still be people complaining and trying to stop this great sport, and the only reason it was built was to appease some other group for the very same reason. The sad part is it is just not snowmobiling, it is hunting, fishing, 4 wheelers, and where I live logging. Seems like some people are opposed to anything they do not participate in, I recently said sledding is one of the most enjoyable things to do that is still legal!!

Yep 100% correct.  Both of these trails should be open indefinitely and the park fees should be removed.  Time to make things right after years of BS.