Accommodations north of Tremblant Park?

largedaryl

Any place to say in this area that is not on the QC map?  It would work good distance wise for a trip we are planning... make for an easy last day to trailer home. 

Being a volunteer, I know there are long list of reason why not all resorts show up on the official sled map... hoping someone has local knowledge to share. 

Cheers, 

large 

NorthTremblantPark.GIF

Where are you coming from, and where are you headed to on your last day?  There is no place to stay along the north side of the park on 63.  You can either stop over in St. Michel des Saints (Motel Central ,Moulin, down to LeCabanon) or press on.  It kind of depends on where you are looking to end up the following day.

Doing a 3 day loop north out of Meekos end of Feb... so Meekos is the end target on Sunday on 63 heading west ... looking to make it an easy day due to 4 hour trailer ride home + unload. 

Ya....lots of options around St Michel ... just hoping there is some unpublished place a litter further west to make Sat longer and Sunday shorter 

Any comments heading to Meekos from St Michel?  New terrain for our group.  More familiar with western QC  

Take 33 8nstead of 63 and stay at Auberge Manawin.  The reserve is a little rough, but this place looked really nice when riding by.  There is nothing on 63.  It's a big park road that goes for miles.  Wide and smooth.  Great trail, but absolutely nothing on it.  

Start Mekoos?

Mekoos to SMDS 319-63-33 ~140 miles make it longer by dropping below St Z and riding north to SMDS

SMDS to 100 Lacs ~130 miles.  Make it longer by looping up through Parent.

100 Lacs to Mekoos ~60 miles.  Make it longer by looping out to Fer A Cheval or over to Mt Diable.

I'll go!

1 hour ago, Signfan said:

Yes nice place.  Only complaint would be the plywood beds.  Great spot still 

I've never had a problem sleeping at 100 Lacs due to may trips to the wine closet!  Last time our chalet had more mice than snowmobilers in it.

12 hours ago, markusvt said:

Auberge Manawan IS in the path the OP requested 😁  Last year the marking in and around town was very good but in years past those not familiar with the layout could easily get twisted around.

Yes it was very bad. I drove around in circles trying to figure out where to go, asked the locals and they couldn't even tell me. I swear I started to hear a Bango. 

Thx all for the input.  As I understand... 63 is an open logging rd and no outfitters.. that was the main question here to shorten the last day. 

Plan is trailer to Meekos Thurs - do a local loop 

Head north Friday and stay at Kanawata Friday night.  South Saturday to St Michel area or just north, a few trail options here to adjust mileage.. then back to Meekos Sunday and trailer home. 

Doing this the last week of Feb/first weekend of March .. so spring sunshine hours should be starting up 

Meekos_3day_loop.GIF

Just ride it in reverse direction.  I've had good luck riding into St Michel on a Friday and leaving Saturday morning before things get beat up.  Your options to get accomodation 100 miles from Mekos are more plentiful north of Mekos towards Parent.  This is a great loop.  You will enjoy it.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:11 AM, 800steve said:

At this point, might as well head up to Parant, Hotel Central. 5 Star.

Stayed at Central last week.....rooms stinky & musty. Showing its age. Won't stay there again until there is a re-furb. Food was still great though. Sexy Santa tomorrow night for those heading that way....jus say'n.