New Years lac st-jean

Byrd

So, to chime in.  Chalet and Spa has great rooms, and spa, but pretty crappy food.  Also, not much happening at night (although I can't say for sure about New Years Eve).  During the week by 10 PM you could tell that the staff was itching for you to have your last drink and leave.

If I had the choice, I'd defiantly pick Centre plien-air mont Viliain.  Nice cabins with kitchen (one cabin is even like a teepee), great hosts and reasonably priced food.  Also, owner host is a women (?Evie?) who speaks great English.  This place was jumping both times I stayed last year in the middle of the week.  I imagine NYE would be crazy.  VERY sled friendly, reasonably priced gas.  They just go out of the way to make you happy.  At Chalet and Spa I kind of got a "whatever" attitude.  Just my opinion and no offensive to anyone..

Thanks for all the input the wife and I have been snowmobiling  around Quebec for over 20 years.  Stayed at centre plien-air  last year I'm sure it would be hopping New Year's Eve. Has anybody stayed at auberge 21?  Just looking for a nice place with good food .