Safty gear

Replacement parts after race

Web Site

Legal fees

Lettering and printing

Sled reg

After party

This is no trailer i own that all on my own

Keep in mind most teams do not have this kind of investment and when they break there race is over

One hell of a race priceless

If we can't get more help this year we will either have to skip the event or wing it take our trail sleds, no parts, one truck, and just pay the bills

I can't continue to put mad cash into this race

Why did you run Renegades this year, instead of Summits? Stronger rear suspension? Any issues with the shorter track?

Durablity was the reason for the 137 this year

However it cost us the last day when i took over breaking the trail we burned too much fuel and ran out 1000 feet from the Mirion check point team 25 and 21 got by then richs sled broke an exhaust valve so we could not cacth them

64 miles out of gas on the gade

Next years new course is going to require a long look at a hole new sled set up

Going further north and to the coast may as high as NAIN

What was the purse money your team recieved?

I know team maine donated $1000 to the family of one of the injured riders, but after this how much were you able to donate to pine tree camps?

Besides more monetary donations, what is the biggest thing that you didn't have at your exposure that would have helped?

Does BRP help with product support?

How far in advance does your preparation begin for the next years race, and at what point do you say we are committed and no turning back?

We won $4,200 us we at this point have not made donation to Pine Tree as they were unable to attend the party

We will pick another event maybe even later in the year as some early exposer to make the donation to them it will be at least the same as last year witch will clean out the winnings.

There really isn't much eles because that fixes alot- Better Front shocks for Rich - better center shock for both of us - two sets one for spares so that one goes down your replacing it with the same thing. We put a set of Built X shock on his sled at Church they were done by Ranger. My front shocks are custom totaly built for me $2,400 bucks but no trouble, but if i was to bend one i would of had to go to revalved X shocks.

Yes, but not alot and mostly because of my purchase history with them. 26 New Ski-Doos since 2000 so i guess it helps.

We are already started on next years race stuff sponsors and Race application need to order race sleds next week.

And if they indeed change the course as they are talking these sleds ar usless and we'll need to find some 20" wides and fast.

This is going to back to a UV race sooner or later, they are gunning to be the biggest and we are going to be way out there

Track pochers will not make it

We had or first meeting in June this year

ER

If the QUEST goes in the direction of UV type sleds, how much will suspension components play into it?

Will suspension needs or something else be your bigger concerns if they go toward UV style sleds?

Do you think this event would be a good proving ground for BRP's new 1200?

When do the race orgainzers let the info out as far as the course layout?

If the QUEST goes in the direction of UV type sleds, how much will suspension components play into it?

Will suspension needs or something else be your bigger concerns if they go toward UV style sleds?

Do you think this event would be a good proving ground for BRP's new 1200?

When do the race orgainzers let the info out as far as the course layout?

UV will need to be able to take a pounding for an extened period or make the weak link something that easy to carry and change

If they go UV biggest concerns would suspension, suspension, suspension

We are looking at the 1200 as well

Course will be out in NOV

Have you been in contact with BRP about needed upgrades to suspension, do they have something and its just a matter of money? In another words will the stock suspension components work if you throw enough money at them or is an aftermarket supplier nec? I believe you used Nolin's, is this preferred or did they give you support?

Most of it can be done in house with more cash to cover the cost

Ohlin's on the front of mine a great, Rich had a lesser pair that did not hold up

I would like tobe able to buy another set like mine for Rich

BRP is steping up a bit this year as well so lets hope we can get all that we want

Bobler any intrest in going up as support crew for a year?

ER

Most of it can be done in house with more cash to cover the cost

Ohlin's on the front of mine a great, Rich had a lesser pair that did not hold up

I would like tobe able to buy another set like mine for Rich

BRP is steping up a bit this year as well so lets hope we can get all that we want

Bobler any intrest in going up as support crew for a year?

ER

You had to ask, yes there is def interest, would love too, it all depends on the dates that the event is run next year, I already got plans for some stuff early in march so it would depend on what dates it falls, of course my plans are subject to change depending on availability of my reservations, I will know within next couple of weeks to exact dates that I am commited.

So, next question, suspension issues, are they related to fatigue of equipment over time and structural failure? Or is it a matter of the oil and components fading during the course of the event?

Would $2000 cash supply your team with the nec suspension, assuming no outside sponsor donation as in example ohlins or fox jumping on board and suppling turn key suspension needs?

What is the actual time commitment to compete, not including all the prep and post event stuff?

You had to ask, yes there is def interest, would love too, it all depends on the dates that the event is run next year, I already got plans for some stuff early in march so it would depend on what dates it falls, of course my plans are subject to change depending on availability of my reservations, I will know within next couple of weeks to exact dates that I am commited.

So, next question, suspension issues, are they related to fatigue of equipment over time and structural failure? Or is it a matter of the oil and components fading during the course of the event?

Would $2000 cash supply your team with the nec suspension, assuming no outside sponsor donation as in example ohlins or fox jumping on board and suppling turn key suspension needs?

What is the actual time commitment to compete, not including all the prep and post event stuff?

Yes i did as i see that there is going to be some changes take place and we need to get support crew in place, there are few people that would even like to do it let alone love it

The date is darn near in stone March 14th

Both fatigue and oil and seal issues we flat out wore out shocks this year, put the X shocks back Rich's at church junk at Ranger two cheack points

That would be one of the largest donation to the team, but the front two Ohlins are $1,200 dollars the skid stuff i can't really say yet as we have not committed to a sled type yet. If we were to go expedition we would have to start our learning cruve all over again, so that is unlikley unless they force us to run one UV

Just to race we were gone 10 days, support crew can trim that down by flying them in and out plus skip GPS test, tech and drivers meeting

all together time i couldn't even start to but a number on it a guess on the conservitive side would be between 400 - 500 hours just me, mine is higher than the rest of the time because most of the equipment is mine so Trailers, trucks, sleds where at my shop i handled the BRP stuff and did the largest part of the sled work. I would not dare guess what dana has in the site alone, Rich with sled work and mapping it a big number as well.

Mapping is the killer you can spend hours looking at a 10 miles peice

including post race as well

FACTORY CONNECTION, HERE IS YOUR CHANCE TIME TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE, HOW ABOUT YOU HYGEAR?

March 14 might just work, give some details of what a support crew does? I think alot of people would want to know this as well as myelf. What kindof outside help (other than the other teams) are you limited too? I saw where one or some teams had widetracks breakingtrail for them for awhile and it was questionable but allowed?

i have already contacted a shop about axis shocks and Exit or Zbroz shocks. i am awaiting pricing. my plan would be to test all next season to see how they hold up and tune as needed. i have had enough of running "X" shocks, my wife runs X shocks, i need something better.

the terrain in this race is so varied that you need a VERY GOOD set of shocks to withstand the whole race. as rob mentioned, the BRP X shocks only lasted 2 checkpoints before they were on the rubber bump stops. the rear skids were pretty good this year, we were very close and should have the rear dialed in pretty good for next year.

the money and time that it takes to really prepare for this race and have all your bases covered is unimaginable unless you have done it. i would never have thought it would take so much.