Roll of the Dice

dooright

Team Vermont looking to check out the icy conditions north of the border for a few days .Riviere- Mattawin to Barrage Gouin seemed to be a decent choice and so far it's really pretty good ! First Americans at Kanawata and here at Gouin for the season were told 🙂

20181227_094728.jpg

20181227_163909-2.jpg

20181227_085429-1.jpg

20181227_141131.jpg

20181227_204848.jpg

Edited by dooright
Pic

Hearing part of 83 after wemontachi still full of branches no machine has passed there yet. Just a heads up if headed that way. 

Looking good so far for you. 

Edited by iceman

We too rolled the dice on where to do our Christmas ride. Had plans for months to go to St Zenon but bailed on that after last weeks deluge. The only thing that looked good to me was Lebel-Sur-quevillon and north east towards Chibougamau. Hey when you plan on driving 7 1/2 hrs what’s another 4 tacked on to get optimal riding. Pulled into motel du Lac at 5:30 last evening to find we were the only ones at the hotel. Took a quick 40 mile rip to check out conditions. They were damn near perfect. Awoke this a.m. to find the trail going south to Senneterre freshly groomed. Well we were not planning on south but blistered down 20 miles or so and back tracked. Headed off on the 93 towards Chapais aroundn10 a.m. 

The area up here was on of the few that got no rain, only more snow. It was a beautiful mostly blue sky day. The 93 near Quevillon was groomed awhile back and had about 6 inches of fresh powder. Rode to Desmairsville first and hung out awhile. Next stop was Waswanapi where we hung for awhile too. Then to the Chapais clubhouse for nice comfort food. Staying in Chapais tonight and heading to Chibougamau/Mistissinni tomorrow. 240+ miles today and never saw another sled. Not on the trail, not at intersections, not at the depanneaurs, NOWHERE. 150+ miles of that was groomed 3-4 days ago (with no tracks) and had anywhere from 2-8” on top of that. GPS moving average was 40.2  MPH for the day. Pretty much it was just an epic day of riding.  

Here are some pics from today:

8619BAA6-C35E-4AA6-AE77-4A5C1BFF605B.jpeg

This is the road (plowed) cutting up to Waswanapi off the 93

it had 6” of untouched , unmarked powder all the way into town. The last time I was here long ago it was mid-late season and the locals had that road shitted up something fierce. What a difference 

CF75A1E0-ADFD-4D4B-B7C8-9AB05969E5F8.jpeg

Edited by snowmaster2112

4 minutes ago, NSHM said:

Don't you just hate having your own private trail network!!😅

You got THAT RIGHT. I think it was only the second or third time ever that I ran an entire day on that much groomed trail and NEVER saw anyone. It’s almost impossible to do when you think about it.

im not gonna jinx myself for me and my buddy but your own private network up here right now is great until something goes wrong. Then it could be a different story.

Edited by snowmaster2112

I feel another “epic”  day coming on. I’m going to get a “ Royal with cheese” and a Diet Coke (oxy moron) and go show my buddy what the @atrealquebecriding is all about as he’s never been up here. 

I wonder if this place is open tonight 

D3561492-DE1F-480E-87AE-F7F8A1EBA4B8.jpeg