Roll of the Dice

dooright

Snowmaster, that’s the way the trails are supposed to look like! That’s awesome, you found the zone for sure!! between you and Markus and dooright’s  ride, I think our riding options for next Friday are coming into focus real clearly🤠

Great pics, enjoy and thanks for sharing.

RR

Edited by RoadRunner

Well then by 1/5 I would hope Louvicourt or Ville Marie will be a good starting point. Sounds like 83 heading towards Clova will not work per Andymans post though so may have to backtrack the 93 if going across to the Valins.

We are ar the PFK in Chibougamau ....that’s the US Kentucky fried.....LOL

i cant even begin to describe the ride and conditions today. We are heading back after we eat to Chapais 

ill try and post today’s pics when we get back but it might be a little late as we are having the “time of our lives” and it might be awhile.....LOL

Back in Chapais for the night and yes we went down the 93 towards LSJ about 25 miles. Groomed BTW....until it stopped out on some culdesac. Carried on from there on pow pow until we came to a cabin with some Frenchies. They said closed so we turned around. Popped off another 200+ today in/around Chibougamau. That trail that goes like 20 something miles to the west of Chibougamau and connects back to the 93 is INSANE. My buddy and I hit it this a.m. fresh groomed with 3” on top. Throughout the day we hit it at least 4 more times. Saw about a dozen or so sleds all day. Here is a pic this morning getting near Chibougamau. First tracks all the way from Chapais.

14401B11-7567-4050-94FB-EEFE306719B4.jpeg

We stayed two nights here at the Hotel Opemiska. 500ft from the trail and it has great accommodations, girl (Isabelle) speaks perfect English. Has huge kitchen area with all kinds of good continental breakfast type stuff (you can even fry up a couple eggs if you want)

we stayed in room #1 on the lower basement level. It’s a HUGE apt type with 3 separate bedrooms plus a big living room kitchen/dining room with another queen bed. Private bath in apt also. You could have 4 guys stay in it and each have their own separate bedroom (SNORING).....LOL....cost for 4 guys 150.00.    She charged me and my buddy 125.00 and the internet ROCKS and works good enough to make voice over IP calls. And the Petro Canada is 100ft away, you really couldn’t ask for a better place to stay. Snowmasters rating = 9.5

D3135BC4-2A5A-419A-B365-CBEFAEF6B441.jpeg

yeti, we went down 93 the 93 towards LSJ yesterday about 20-25 miles and it was good until it turned into all powder. We came upon a guy in a cabin and he pointed LSJ way and said “trail closed”. He said scerie 54 was still about 60 miles. Sorry I can’t help you more. If you try it make sure you have a saw. 

31 minutes ago, Yeti62 said:

Snowmaster great report Iam in La Dore' now going to try & go to Chibougamau any Intel on when trail will be open?? Thanks 😊

How are the trails in La Dore’ ?   And yes please get that 93 open all the way to Chib so it is ready to go for me in a week ! 👍

Edited by Pipeman

At the PFK last evening in Chibougamau we met a guy and his son outside that were leaving. They were headed back to Mistissinni (trail closed from there from Chibougamau and NOT doable). This guy “Tim” was Indian and owned an electrical company that does work for the mines up there. We had a great 15 min. Chat and when he went to leave he reached in his truck and said I got something for you guys. I thought out would come a hat from his company or something. He gave me and my buddy these two Indian crafts. The bird is made out of Tamarac wood. Over the years I have met Quebec aboriginals from all areas, especially the Cree. They are GREAT people. 5 years ago I had the chief (Marcellus) from Waswanapi drive me and a broken down snowmobile 100 miles to meet my buddies. If you don’t know about or are aware of the “residential school project” that happened in Quebec years ago you should do a quick read on it. It was a TRAVESTY.

0C828B6F-E84A-4160-BB1E-80BB02F99EB7.jpeg

Edited by snowmaster2112

3 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

I know early-season some sections of that 93 can have a lot of sticks popping up through where it is along the highway .

Yes and the 93 from Waswanapi to Chapais has some reroutes with a lot of those sticks too. Annoying little bastards they are.

we are heading back now towards Lebel-sur-Quévillon. Might even stop in Waswanapi again today. Here is a pic taken just now of a side street here in Chapais. Oh btw....haven’t seen another American since we got to Lebel-sur-Quévillon on Wednesday afternoon.

95726491-A83E-4A20-86BC-B6C517FF342B.jpeg