Roll of the Dice

dooright

Alright last trip pic. We are back at Lebel-sur-Quévillon and heading home early a.m. Ending the trip a day early because of what you see here in this picture. It was enough to have my buddies and I bungholes puckered up for 80 miles. Right around the junction to Waswanapi my buddy blows a belt on his 1200 enduro that has less than 1000 miles on it. When I circled back he had belt crap all over and was still digging it out. Problem was a bunch got wound up behind the clutch and spun around the driveshaft. The motor would not turn over when we tried to start it. It literally took us a half hour to get the multiple pieces off. I must have jinxed us and said “I hope the seal is o.k. We started it and guess what.....a half cup of oil poured down into the chassis. This is the point that I let out the loudest F bomb ever produced  by man. I’m thinking man....this is not the place for this kind of shit to happen. Well we cleaned out the oil and let it run for a bit and it didn’t seem too bad. Leaking yes but not real bad. Pushed on to desmairville and got to the store for a much needed break warm up. Nancy and her husband are great folks. We had to make a decision at this point to try and push on the 60 miles back to Lebel-sur-Quévillon or I was going to have to ride by myself (dark and sub zero Fahrenheit) to get the truck and bring it back. We decided to buy oil and give it a wack. We stopped every 10 miles or so to check it. It was slowly getting worse but the level was only down to the add level and hanging in there. Made it back and hi fived each other in the parking lot.

as us snowmobiler’s know ...”it’s always an adventure “......

the important part is no one got hurt and we had a blast on the trip. 3 days, 650+ miles, FANTASTIC trails, great conditions/accommodations/food. We only saw a dozen or less sleds the whole trip and that was all around Chibougamau yesterday.

Now we will be home a day early and the wives will be happy. It truly was one of if not the best Christmas week rides I have ever had.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!!!!!!

03318653-CD0A-411C-B248-D2A45621F1A6.jpeg

2 hours ago, Pipeman said:

Glad it worked out 👍any idea if  93 from Lebel down to Senneterre is open ? 

We went down the 93 towards Senneterre back on Thursday morning. It was beautiful and fresh groomed. I think we only went down 15 miles give or take and only turned around because we were heading north. I have since seen as I’m sure you have that they only groomed down about 24 miles worth. Don’t know why or if it’s possible to connect through.

2 hours ago, Pipeman said:

Glad it worked out 👍any idea if  93 from Lebel down to Senneterre is open ? 

Edited by snowmaster2112

2 minutes ago, snowmaster2112 said:

We went down the 93 towards Senneterre back on Thursday morning. It was beautiful and fresh groomed. I think we only went down 15 miles give or take and only turned around because we were heading north. I have since seen as I’m sure you have that they only groomed down about 24 miles worth. Don’t know why or it’s possible to connect through.

Yep,  trying to find out if it’s open yet or if I can go up to Matagami from Amos then over to Lebel and onward towards Chapais. I sent both clubs an email. Thank you again.

15 minutes ago, Pipeman said:

Yep,  trying to find out if it’s open yet or if I can go up to Matagami from Amos then over to Lebel and onward towards Chapais. I sent both clubs an email. Thank you again.

Here’s what I do know about that. I made contact with several people about the east side trail from Matagami down to Lebel and it will     not be open till approx. end of January. Many branches and a lot of work needs done. My buddy and I ran up it  a couple miles last Thursday from the ‘Y” junction sennetere split where the sign says Matagami 145km and bailed as no other tracks and it looked bad. We really wanted to hit it as that’s awesome trail when good.

i see they groomed all the way from Desmairville to quevillon 60 miles just after my buddy and I ran it last night.

i can’t recommend ENOUGH that if anyone can get to the north part of 93 as soon as possible you will be rewarded with some of the best conditions Quebec has to offer. 

Gas in Desmairsville is not from cans anymore as they have an above ground tank now. 2 bucks a litre and it’s super unleaded. Gas also at the end of the feeder trail in Waswanapi.

Happy Trails

1 hour ago, JTD0314 said:

Anyone?

That’s a good question. Right now or at least until someone finds out what the deal is with connecting Senneterre/Quevillon together. My opinion is (and we just left Quevillon this morning to drive home) I wouldn’t start any lower than Senneterre. Louvicort has less snow for sure and didnt look that great. Swung in LeDomaine and less snow and zero activity in what was probably 8-10” on the trail. Had breakfast at the Classic and again less snow and zero activity there as well. 

The Senneterre club updated a report yesterday that some small rivers between there and Lebel-sur-Quévillon are thawed and that’s why the trail is not interconnected. Who knows when they will deem safe. On the bright side when we went through there yesterday morning it was -10F