Speeding Fines

iceman

Here is a breakdown of what you will pay If you are unlucky enough to get a ticket for speeding.

Speed ticket here is the table of fines

59.1. Anyone traveling with an off-road vehicle at a speed greater than the prescribed maximum speed commits an offense and is liable to a fine of $ 25 plus:

(1) if the speed exceeds the permissible speed from 1 to 20 km / h, $ 10 per complete 5 km / h exceeding the permitted speed;
(2) if the speed exceeds the permitted speed by 21 to 30 km / h, $ 15 per complete 5 km / h exceeding the permitted speed;
(3) if the speed exceeds the permitted speed by 31 to 45 km / h, $ 20 per complete 5 km / h exceeding the permitted speed;
(4) if the speed exceeds the permitted speed by 46 to 60 km / h, $ 25 per complete 5 km / h exceeding the permitted speed;
(5) if the speed exceeds 61 km / h or more, the speed limit is $ 30 for each 5 km / h exceeding the speed limit.
ADD $ 70 FEES
THEREFORE 111 KM 25 $ plus 9 x 20 plus 70 = 275 and another example 98 km it will cost 168 $
AND AT 131 KM 25 plus 10 x 30 plus 70 = $ 405

Im not sure how they calculated mine but it wasn’t with that formula 

i had googled at the time and seen similar but the time and cost to fight it wasn’t worth it for me. Being an on the trail ticket there was no points or insurance issues so i paid and will not ride that area Duhamel again or support there club. They seem to encourage having the cops up there and honestly doing 93kph on a railway line and getting stopped is ridiculous in my opinion with a limit of 70kph

i was actually lucky as a rider had signaled cops ahead so hD slowed down. 

My venting for the day

Thanks for the grim reminder 

55 minutes ago, doo4adoo said:

Im not sure how they calculated mine but it wasn’t with that formula 

i had googled at the time and seen similar but the time and cost to fight it wasn’t worth it for me. Being an on the trail ticket there was no points or insurance issues so i paid and will not ride that area Duhamel again or support there club. They seem to encourage having the cops up there and honestly doing 93kph on a railway line and getting stopped is ridiculous in my opinion with a limit of 70kph

i was actually lucky as a rider had signaled cops ahead so hD slowed down. 

My venting for the day

Thanks for the grim reminder 

Have received tickets around Amos north of Val D'Or in the past also

14 hours ago, Stei said:

I guess I consider myself lucky on my trips to Maniwaki running the railbed or the big wide fast trails around Val-d'Or.  It was sometime ago so maybe things have changed and they've tightened up. My ticket amounts would have been a nice cash influx.

man if they would have clocked me on the 93 North of Val D' Or they would have taken me away in handcuffs! 😉 

1 hour ago, 800steve said:

Randy, you are a heck of a good guy making a $10 contribution on top of that big fine.

The contribution portion is a mandatory contribution to a crime victims fund. 

I believe the rationale is: you get caught doing something illegal, your going to pay something  towards helping those who have been hurt or victimized by an illegal act. Who knows if it actually makes it into a special fund or just dumped into the government coffers. 

33 minutes ago, Cnc said:

I believe the rationale is: you get caught doing something illegal, your going to pay something  towards helping those who have been hurt or victimized by an illegal act. Who knows if it actually makes it into a special fund or just dumped into the government coffers. 

It should go back 10 dollars at a time to every American who has had a sled/truck/trailer ripped off over the years. ✌️

2 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

It should go back 10 dollars at a time to every American who has had a sled/truck/trailer ripped off over the years. ✌️

Maybe your right, hey I don’t make the laws, I only live here.