2019 Jack & Sandi's trips

revct1

Hello to Everyone,

First - Thanks to the GutZ brothers for giving me a hand getting me and the Renegade safely back to the truck.

Next - We trucked home Thursday.  The transmission control module fixed the truck transmission problem we had on the way up.  The Allison transmission is shifting fine again.

The Renegade is at the SkiDoo dealer.  A 1.6" Ice Cobra is on order.  No more big studs for us.  Reading all the posts, I see a lot of riders have already switched to the pre-studded tracks.  The dealer is going to have the sled ready this week if all goes well.  He said he may be able to get the heat exchanger welded instead of replacing it.

Now it is time to get some end of the year work done for the businesses and do the laundry for our next trip.  Hope to see you on the trail.

Jack & Sandi

3 hours ago, revct1 said:

Hello to Everyone,

First - Thanks to the GutZ brothers for giving me a hand getting me and the Renegade safely back to the truck.

Next - We trucked home Thursday.  The transmission control module fixed the truck transmission problem we had on the way up.  The Allison transmission is shifting fine again.

The Renegade is at the SkiDoo dealer.  A 1.6" Ice Cobra is on order.  No more big studs for us.  Reading all the posts, I see a lot of riders have already switched to the pre-studded tracks.  The dealer is going to have the sled ready this week if all goes well.  He said he may be able to get the heat exchanger welded instead of replacing it.

Now it is time to get some end of the year work done for the businesses and do the laundry for our next trip.  Hope to see you on the trail.

Jack & Sandi

if your going to sell it anyway just get out the JB weld

If your going to use JB weld try that old black stuff with pellets in it. Stop leak I think it was called.  Lol. I used a lot of it when I was a kid in junk cars.  

6 hours ago, revct1 said:

Hello to Everyone,

Jack & Sandi

Now we need an eval of the 1.6 Ice Cobra!

GutZ

Hi Mike.  Sandi is back on a two stroke.  Actually she has been riding the 850.  She said the 600R isn't broken in yet so the fat guy, me, gets to ride it to soften it up.  More french fries please!  😁

Hi Viper & Shore.  We are replacing it in the spring but we still have a few more rides this season.  Whatever the dealer thinks is best for the repair.  I don't want to call the GutZ shuttle service if I don't have to.  It was a tough two up ride!

One of my riding buddies suggested the 1.6" Cobra.  The price is almost the same as the 1.325".  He said that it should give a lot more bite than the 1.325" and not much more noise or vibration than the studs.  Report to follow.

The 850 should be up and running for this weekend.  RDL is in our sights.

Jack & Sandi

1 hour ago, MrGutz said:

If you give me a little heads up first, I have the 2 up seat for the 1200.

GutZ Tow Service,  "Dead or Alive, you're coming with me!" 

I know we need to work on the slogan, but you get the idea.

GutZ

No job to big or to small..... lol

6 hours ago, MrGutz said:

If you give me a little heads up first, I have the 2 up seat for the 1200.

GutZ Tow Service,  "Dead or Alive, you're coming with me!" 

I know we need to work on the slogan, but you get the idea.

GutZ

If I new ahead of time, I would have taken the 600R!  But then I would have missed that oh so memorable ride.  I hated to get off the sled at the Delta or should I say I couldn't get off the sled.  The old bones didn't want to move at that point.

Jack & Sandi's in the hotel

6 minutes ago, revct1 said:

I was wondering what those bars were.  I thought that was either to hoist the machine up to work on it or tie it down in the trailer!

Jack & Sandi

LOL, Forgot they were there until we were loading in to the trailer. I added them so his feet wouldn't dangle from the 2-Up Seat.

Sorry

GutZ

Jack and Sandi-   Looks like it was a great shake down trip for the both of you! In my opinion you will not miss the push through studs at all when you get used to the ice ripper / cobra track option. Definitely does not give you the hook up on ice that you're probably accustomed to, but has just enough bite to give you some extra traction when you need it. I also find that you can swing the tail through the corners when you want to have a little extra fun! Hope to see you guys on the trails soon, have fun the next run in RDL. Sounds like the Mayor will be in house so the vino will be flowing!

Hi Ray.  Don said I didn't need a wig as long as I kept my helmet on.

Hi GutZ.  I'm expecting at least a coffee.  The ride was over 20 miles.  I wasn't smoking after the event but the sled sure was.

Hi Gary.  GutZ is the one that should have been worried.  I was, how do I say this, behind GutZ?  No.  In the rear No. That sounds bad too.  Maybe I was second on the seat?  Oh that is worse!  Well two up is an experience.  No we didn't have to stop in pickle park!

Jack & Sandi

Hi MidRange,

Yes that old section of 83 is gone.  The replacement trail is easy to follow.  A walking trail crosses it in many places so the club is trying to keep the sled speed low.  It may add a few miles to your route depending on which way you are traveling.

Jack & Sandi

Hi NekSldr,

I don't mind giving up a little traction if I gain not having to replace heat exchangers and riding two up.  Luckily the break down wasn't way off in the wilderness.  We are looking forward to the RDL trip.  Hope to see a few QR folks along with Mike.

Jack & Sandi