2018-19 Stolen Sleds and/or Trucks

scorpionbowl

I remember years ago a guy from my home town got his sled stolen in St. Donat. May have been the same hotel but not sure. Anyway his was in a fenced in area and the fence wasn't cut the next morning.  They finally figured out that the thief's used a logging truck with a boom and reached over the fence and clamped the sleds and put them on the truck and drove away.  They were Polaris's too. With the 800 storm engines. I bet some can remember them.

I read someone post about finding sleds in a container being shipped to Europe. I never gave it a thought that someone would do that. 

Gee, maybe I should be thankful the trail is still disconnected from St Donat to Tremblant. Thieves tend to go were it is busy and the best selection, quiet in comparison here. 

6 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

I remember years ago a guy from my home town got his sled stolen in St. Donat. May have been the same hotel but not sure. Anyway his was in a fenced in area and the fence wasn't cut the next morning.  They finally figured out that the thief's used a logging truck with a boom and reached over the fence and clamped the sleds and put them on the truck and drove away.  They were Polaris's too. With the 800 storm engines. I bet some can remember them.

I read someone post about finding sleds in a container being shipped to Europe. I never gave it a thought that someone would do that. 

The place where these sleds were taken doesn't have a fenced in area.

I heard a similar story once before in a different area where the whole trailer was lifted out of a fence area. I find it hard to believe that this can be true. The amount of noise a picker would make the whole place would wake up and catch them in the act.

9 hours ago, Fozzy said:

I find it hard to believe that this can be true. The amount of noise a picker would make the whole place would wake up and catch them in the act.

I totally agree, one of those stories like the ones you hear about sleds jumping over each other on the pipeline going to La Tuque. 

On 12/30/2018 at 6:33 PM, Pipemaster said:

Hopefully a REAL short topic !!  We don't need that shit starting up again. Like anywhere else, be careful.

Amen. 

Hopefully just telling old tall-tales.