Outfitter, lodge, near chandler

Rtbo

First time for Gaspé and was looking for lodge-outfitter type places to stay instead of regular motels. I have been to 100 sud lac, rabaska, 22 mils, meekoos, and was wondering if there are any of these type places in Gaspé. Was looking for these places in or near Matane, mont saint pierre, chandler, Carleton, but especially near chandler. Also has anyone stayed at domaine valga? Any help is appreciated. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mg_wO2iMGAk&list=PLsc4iyvxdLxmCvq-v1jlRjQeK1KpILGb9&index=20

Try this link it’s from destination Polaris 2018 episodes. (ATV)It’s the last episode in the series. It’s on the Grand Village.

Great place the owner is a good guy

4 hours ago, GSX800 said:

Give this place a try. It’s inland from the Cap Chat area.

VILLAGE GRANDE NATURE CHIC-CHOCS

Stayed there for a night last year. Other then the view not impressed. Plus the trail in was 3ft moguls. There not giving the club enough money to groom to there door more then once or twice a month.

Thank you for the replies, we are going to stay at varga. The one near cap chat is too close we are starting from Matane. We looked into the one near Madeleine and they aren’t doing snowmobiles this year. 

Hi Rtbo,

Are you planning on doing the interior trails. Below is the 5 day route we took couple years ago. This route was recommended by many of the veterans here on QR vs sticking to the perimeter on the south shore. 

If you are staying in Chandler it's a days ride heading north to Murdochville, then west to LaCache, then straight south to spend that night at New Richmond.

The Orange trail between Murdochville and La Cache is through the mountains and is a must do if riding the Gaspe.

How many days do you have for your trip.

IMG_1329.PNG

1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

Stayed there for a night last year. Other then the view not impressed. Plus the trail in was 3ft moguls. There not giving the club enough money to groom to there door more then once or twice a month.

So things must of changed since we stayed two /three years ago.The trail was great going in and they(the owner of grand valley ) had his own groomer doing the trail in and out.

4 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

That’s true it’s in Rimouski est

Yeah, scratching my head a bit on that but he definitely asked about Domaine Valga in the first post.

Anyway - I have stayed at Domaine Valga several times. The food is excellent, the rooms clean and comfortable. Eric and his wife are great people. Recommended.

4 hours ago, Grampsledder said:

The north shore mountains are spectacular.   In my opinion they are the highlight of the Gaspe.   You shouldn’t miss them.    

4CAE76BD-EDAC-4164-9805-C7438072CFD1.jpeg

0BCEFDFA-BEB2-4327-9EFA-145D90C4CCF9.jpeg

IMO, you can still experience great views of the mountains without going all the way around the peninsula. Traveling east on TQ 5 and taking the 597 trail will still check the views boxes.

Can’t find a place in chandler for 2/16 so can anyone recommend a place in Percé with easy access, good food, safe place for sleds?  Sorry for the confusion but I was asking about domaine varga separate from chandler. 

Table du Roland is the most mentioned place in Perce to stay and eat.

When I was booking hotels for our trip l called and left a message and also emailed requesting reservations. Never received a response from either. Was told after from others messages in English may have been the reason.

If needing help with lodging near Chandler or any where in the Gaspe call Louise at the Chandler Snowmobile Club.

She will immediately help out with any nights you need help with. If any of your group needs permits can buy from her and she will courier them to your starting hotel.  

She can be contacted at

quebectrails.com

Thanks for the heads up. I called Table du Roland today and got it reserved. Was getting scared for a minute, another guy couldn’t find anything in chandler or Percé. I think everywhere we are staying now I got off of this site. Thanks again