Northern quebec loop TQ93, TQ83

Twin600

We are looking into doing a trip into northern quebec. Anyone ever do TQ93 from LaDoré to Chibougamau and westward to Senneterre? Possibly taking TQ83 back towards Parent. The rest of our trip is straightforward, but these sections look very remote so i want to do my homework. What's the longest distance between gas stops? Anything we should be aware of? Thanks

Great ride north to chibougamau. Gas half way  at the sawmill.  Cash only tho.  Chibougamau south is easy with gas too. Lots of flat open running.  It's great 

Don’t forget your tall windshield and gauntlets. An extra layer is a good idea too. That railbed section mixed with -40 makes for some new memories if you don’t have those things. Ask me how I know. 

Edited by SkippyDoo

22 minutes ago, Twin600 said:

Great information! thanks!

Note there is one hill north of La Dore that you can go a long way in the air before touch down.  Don't know where it is exactly but I do remember it.  

Last year on the rail bed section the trail was routed off the rail bed for what seemed about 50% of it.  It was actually better that way.  The bed gets a little monotonous after about an hour...and it always seems like the coldest day of the trip coincides with it.   It may be different this winter and your back on it.  I think it depends on the location of forestry work.

1 hour ago, GSX800 said:

Last year on the rail bed section the trail was routed off the rail bed for what seemed about 50% of it.  It was actually better that way.  The bed gets a little monotonous after about an hour...and it always seems like the coldest day of the trip coincides with it.   It may be different this winter and your back on it.  I think it depends on the location of forestry work.

If your referring to the run from Chapais down to Lebel-sur-Quévillon then yes it is routed back and forth into the woods a lot again this year. Some sections have a lot of the puckers sticking up and you WILL get marks on your machine. Maybe that will get better as the trail gets more use/traffic. Ironic thing is we saw NO forestry work being done anywhere.