Relais 22 north to roberval

Bluegrass

I have not been across that yet this year, but it’s common for that section to not get a lot of grooming. There is definitely snow. Most of that section runs along a road. Do what ya gotta do. The west side after Wemotachi is usually much better. But I have never had problems getting across it. 

Edited by SkippyDoo

Bluegrass was asking about 83 north not west of 22 .  That area definitely have seen little groomer action on the map. Probably a few phone calls to realis 22 and Windigo could clear up what's happening .

I too have noticed it’s been eerily quite from 22 to st hedgewick

i think there was “some” activity weeks ago but only went like halfway or something and that was from LSJ side towards the 22 and not out of the 22

and I don’t believe I have seen any activity at all on the Windigo trail either

Edited by snowmaster2112

3 hours ago, Bluegrass said:

I see on the map that there is a section between relais 22 heading north to roberval that has not been groomed has anyone got an info on that part of trail

That is the section where bridge got washed out last year. Maybe they are waiting for ice bridge to be safe to cross with Groomer. This is just a guess...

Just a heads up I have seen several clubs post on FB that the Groomer info on I Motoneige is not always updating. They are having issues throughout QC with it. Does not mean it is groomed but maybe.

2 hours ago, Phil 1 said:

That is the section where bridge got washed out last year. Maybe they are waiting for ice bridge to be safe to cross with Groomer. This is just a guess...

Yeah  I was thinking that too Phil

i remember a guy taking a video cam out there for like two days and setting it up. He fast forwarded the video and you could see the river rising each day. Towards one evening the water was starting to hit the bridge. In the morning .......it was gone !!!!!

11 hours ago, doo4adoo said:

Im  booked for Windigo Saturday night. Lady says trails good. I called Kanawata and he said trails were groomed 2 days ago and are excellent. 

Leaving from Glacier 

first run of season .  Looking forward to it. 

That’s awesome doo4adoo !!!!! Try and give us an update when your up there if you can.

HAVE A GREAT RIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 1/7/2019 at 8:26 PM, doo4adoo said:

Im  booked for Windigo Saturday night. Lady says trails good.

Martine & hubby Dan, kinda rustic lodge, but no finer hospitality anywhere!

Good move to book ahead, they plan their vittles accordingly.

1 minute ago, PLAYHARD said:

Martine & hubby Dan, kinda rustic lodge, but no finer hospitality anywhere!

Good move to book ahead, they plan their vittles accordingly.

Yes a great spot, certainly on every Quebec saddlebaggers must stay check list.

Booking ahead there is very smart. 

1 hour ago, smclelan said:

Booking ahead there is very smart

Its a must you don’t show up there without a reservation

22 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Yup, that’s the one. I was over it about a month before it got washed away and haven’t been back since. Anyone got a pic of the new one ?

They built an ice bridge last year to cross trenche river.......samething this winter. Latuque SC is grooming relais 22 to Trenche river and Club Passe-Partout is grooming Roberval to Trenche river.

11 hours ago, Mid Range said:

They built an ice bridge last year to cross trenche river.......samething this winter. Latuque SC is grooming relais 22 to Trenche river and Club Passe-Partout is grooming Roberval to Trenche river.

Has anyone been don that way