Border crossing

Moon dog

Guessing this is mostly academic and not a real problem for guys on here but since this is mostly about riding Quebec and for many of you crossing the border into Quebec, I might add that dispute cannabis now being legal in Canada, the individual provinces have different rules concerning it. Since it is illigal to grow it your self in Quebec and the only legal outlet is from The Société québécoise du cannabis (SQDC), anything bought or brought from else where might result in a bad day.

Same with David. They never ask if he had a pistol permit.  Just took an hour to search the trailer.  Never looked in the truck. 

1 hour ago, iceman said:

For sure.

i got pulled inside years ago before I moved up here. Kept there close to an hour waiting. They put me in a little back room. Then said I had and FBI number attached to my name. I said ok? They said it meant one of two things either a felony conviction or a weapons permit. I said...you did not ask if I had a weapons permit. Which I did, it was a concealed carry permit for a pistol. Then they proceeded to search the entire truck and trailer for my gun. I told them I never bring it but they looked anyway. Found nothing. 

Same with David.  They never ask if he had a pistol permit.  Only looked in the trailer.  We were shocked when they asked him about his pistol permit he got two weeks earlier.  They looked for an hour.  Have not had a problem since. 

On 1/10/2019 at 7:18 AM, MrGutz said:

No-Hair and I just went up with 4 sleds and had no problem when they asked.

GutZ

The border agents must have heard stories on how many sleds go kaput when riding with the GutZ boys so spare sleds are expected.  I know from past experiences!  😁

Again, thanks for the lift.

Jack & Sandi

19 hours ago, 182ray said:

Made it through today in about 2 minutes

Team GutZ will need to upgrade to a longer trailer  

I'm thinking Tandem 24s, sleds in one, shop in the other.

Smoker and Grill in the shop trailer, maybe some sides of beef swinging too.

GutZ

Well a few years back we had a conversation with the border officials and learned we were not in the US or Canada, we were in a Border\Customs Zone. This zone extends a significant distance to either side of the border and the border agents can do whatever they want..... 

So how far away, I'd say close to a mile away if they want.

GutZ