Planning Season Opener: Maurice-Lanaudière-Laurentides

PLAYHARD

Not the "two weeks" question: Is it too early for this right now?...

1) Trois Rivieres to Windigo

2) Windigo to Mekoos

3) Mekoos-Lac Taureau

4) Lac Taureau-Trois Rivieres

http://fcmq.viaexplora.com/i?s=IwGgbGCsBMzZIDaBaMwDslJhNAHHApHgCzAAMAnCHGJegLojlLAYDM6050NJ55OiGR480du2GcEyOJlAl06IchJho6asnaUI5JijaUYJSlvSi8LWZkFb1eejU3sVwMyV7AY0SnhAWWAxAA&r=2

1170687946_19SeasonOpener.thumb.jpg.40a0fc9110d1c950e9e4036bcab629ae.jpg

Thanks for the feedback.

Just had to flip direction to clockwise cuz Martine & Dan @ Windigo were booked up this Monday.

Here's our story, plenty of wiggle room for sightseeing (and Murphy), we will see if we're sticking to it:

Sun 1/13 Auberge Drakkar

Mon 1/14 Lac Taureau 370k/230m

Tues 1/15 Mekoos 350k/220m

Wed 1/16  Windigo 415k/260m

Thurs 1/17 Trois Rivieres 350k/220m

Stop & say hey if you see Monker out there. He's the red guy with the smile...

Monker.thumb.png.39fe4be4c20be7992223a44932084041.png

I read that there is a problem with the #63 between rouge-Mattawin and Rivière rouge in the section near La Macaza(north west mont-tremblant park). I'm not sure what is the bug or if it has been solve but search for it before going. It's Franc nord snowmobile club that groom this section, maybe them can answer.

Have a good safe ride!

Alain

I see you are going to Rabaska too (#3 on map) Has anyone been thru there this year. I have been trying to get reservation there in 10 days, they keep telling me Dominique will call me back?

Go figure, as soon as I hit enter key she called, all set now cant wait.

Edited by Snobeeler

20 minutes ago, Snobeeler said:

I see you are going to Rabaska too (#3 on map) Has anyone been thru there this year. I have been trying to get reservation there in 10 days, they keep telling me Dominique will call me back?

Maybe there is a mix up in translation? I don't know of a Dominique at Rabaska but they may possibly be referring to Dominique in Clova that maintains the LePine trail from Rabaska to Clova.

37 minutes ago, Snobeeler said:

Going to fontbrune tomorrow for lunch via Reservoir Baskatong ....I will let you know how it is. We received over a foot of snow since the past 10 days.

14 minutes ago, doonali said:

Maybe there is a mix up in translation? I don't know of a Dominique at Rabaska but they may possibly be referring to Dominique in Clova that maintains the LePine trail from Rabaska to Clova.

Dominique Coquel Gamache....she owns the Rabaska with Martin

11 hours ago, towing said:

I read that there is a problem with the #63 between rouge-Mattawin and Rivière rouge in the section near La Macaza(north west mont-tremblant park). I'm not sure what is the bug or if it has been solve but search for it before going. It's Franc nord snowmobile club that groom this section, maybe them can answer.

Have a good safe ride!

Alain

Alain, I phoned the club directly and yes they had problems with rights of way in La Macaza but it has been resolved and it is opened. They sent the groomer towards SMDS.

9 hours ago, Mid Range said:

Going to fontbrune tomorrow for lunch via Reservoir Baskatong ....I will let you know how it is. We received over a foot of snow since the past 10 days.

Dominique Coquel Gamache....she owns the Rabaska with 

Edited by doonali
Delete

9 hours ago, doonali said:

My bad, I knew his name is Martin but didn't realize her name was Dominique.

On 1/11/2019 at 8:18 AM, ChrisWright said:

I saw Monker years ago at Lac Edward!!

He was liberated from a hotel lobby on the south shore of Gaspésie and jumped on with us many-many miles ago. 

Long story, but I thought his talking was a JD-induced hallucination at first, and have since come to terms with it.

14 hours ago, doonali said:

My bad, I knew his name is Martin but didn't realize her name was Dominique.

Ya, I thought that was a male name, when she came around the corner the first time I met her expecting a man you should have seen my face lol. My understanding is Dominic is the male version of the name.

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Just a fly-by to see it on the way to staying @ Mekoos, never been to either.

Both places real Nice, we have stayed at Rabaska a few times in winter and this past July on ATV. We have been to Mekoos a few times for lunch a beers. Staying at Mekoos Thursday for the first time. Was able to grab all the lodge rooms apposed to cabins . 

55 minutes ago, Pipemaster said:

Both places real Nice, we have stayed at Rabaska a few times in winter and this past July on ATV. We have been to Mekoos a few times for lunch a beers. Staying at Mekoos Thursday for the first time. Was able to grab all the lodge rooms apposed to cabins . 

Stayed at Meekos in the cabins a few times and they were Tony the Tiger GRRRREAT. !!

6 hours ago, PLAYHARD said:

Just a fly-by to see it on the way to staying @ Mekoos, never been to either.

Hi PLAYHARD ,

Have you been to Devil's Mountain and Chute du Windigo (water falls) before?

If not a slight route change across trail 322 on your way to Rabaska will take you right by them. If the chalet at top of Devil's mountain is open may be a lunch stop option for you.

Screenshot (11).png

Screenshot (12).png

Edited by Fuse6

2 hours ago, snowmaster2112 said:

Stayed at Meekos in the cabins a few times and they were Tony the Tiger GRRRREAT. !!

I"m sure the cabins are real nice. But I'm sure Tony might like not having to go back outside for dinner and  breakfast. 🐾  :)  

Hey, either way real nice place,people and food. 

Heading up in the morning !

2 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

Hi PLAYHARD ,

If not a slight route change across trail 322 on your way to Rabaska will take you right by them. If the chalet at top of Devil's mountain is open may be a lunch stop option for you.

Good point, both are awesome, Devels Mountain especially if clear day. I remember many moons ago going to the original lookout in that flimsy shack with large picture window for the view

4 hours ago, Fuse6 said:

I haven't been there!  But will!  Thanks!