2019 Riviere du Loup Area Trail Conditions

mikerider

It's that time of year to keep each other up to date on the trail and snow conditions of the Riviere du Loup area and a way to catch up with friends staying in the area and those saddle bagging through the region in hopes we can at the very least  say hi and maybe even pop the cork on a bottle of wine.  

Cheers,

Mike

Saturday Jan. 12th.     Arrived and conditions look very nice.  

I'm in room 136 at the Universel Hotel, feel free to shoot a message on QR or text 207-522-2673. Will be here at least 8 nights.

mike

2 hours ago, mikerider said:

I'm in room 136 at the Universel Hotel, feel free to shoot a message on QR or text 207-522-2673. Will be here at least 8 nights.

mike

So charge everything to room 136...got it 🤣 the mayor knows how to take care of his minions 

40 mile loop late afternoon with Jack and a mystery rider who pulled in behind us and rode the loop with us. Back to the hotel when we found out it was none other than Farmerold tagging along. 

Conditions are mint. 

Initial impressions of the new 900 (non turbo):  Sweetest sled ever!

Note the trail no longer starts behind the  hotel.  Now you need to go next door to the gas station, follow the trail along the road for a couple hundred yards and then bear left. It quickly meets the old trail.

Good luck guys trying to get a free drink out of this tight ward.

mike

Levis to RDL, 270 miles. 75 to 55 to 35 to 5 all perfect 10 except for minor drifting in the fields. Beautiful day, wicked base on the trails, pulled out 2 Canucks. if u think it's cold u picked the wrong sport. We usually only stop for gas, but I was able to get one pic, didn't get a pic of the amazing sunset into the hotel.

image.jpeg

Ray,   it may cost me a steak or two, but when I tell Lois how much better the  '2019 ACE 900 is over her '16 900,  my steak bill will be a lot cheaper than your new sled bill.  

There seems to be inquiries about what new sled Farmerold is driving this year. All I can say is it is way above my pay grade to reveal that kind of information.  It is such all encompassing           gigantic news that such a leak could harm national security.

Had a chance to talk to SnowDog,, talk to Jak,  and finally got to meet Scorpionbowl and his friend Marty.   New sled, new and old friends, what a great day to start out the RDL season.

mike

Edited by mikerider

22 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Ray,   it may cost me a steak or two, but when I tell Lois how much better the  '2019 ACE 900 is over her '16 900,  my steak bill will be a lot cheaper than your new sled bill.  

There seems to be inquiries about what new sled Farmerold is driving this year. All I can say is it is way above my pay grade to reveal that kind of information.  It is such all encompassing           gigantic news that such a leak could harm national security.

Had a chance to talk to SnowDog,, talk to Jak,  and finally got to meet Scorpionbowl and his friend Marty.   New sled, new and old friends, what a great day to start out the RDL season.

mike

Come on Mikey help a bro out with pics of FO & his new ride

A picture  of Farmerold's  new sled would cost you a couple turf and surfs for the occupier of room 136.  Maybe Smclelan could throw in a nice bottle of vin rouge.  Apparently I hold  the answer to the biggest mystery in Quebec.

31 minutes ago, mikerider said:

A picture  of Farmerold's  new sled would cost you a couple turf and surfs for the occupier of room 136.  Maybe Smclelan could throw in a nice bottle of vin rouge.  Apparently I hold  the answer to the biggest mystery in Quebec.

Some say his new ride gets 15+ miles to a gallon, doesn't burn oil like it's going out of style and may be At Home in Quebec......

GutZ

13 hours ago, mikerider said:

mike

Hi Mike,  looking forward to your reports have fun,    good job  Ray's in jonquiere otherwise he would be charging everything to room 136 .....lol   😂😂😂😂😂

I did go on a short jaunt with the Mayor.  He was itching to give that new 900 a little trot or should I say gallop.  He didn't let those ponies rest.  When we arrived back at the Universal, his smile said it all.

FamerOld was in western Quebec earlier this week.  I think he is due for an oil change already.  That is a hint on the motor type folks and the motor breaths naturally.  He covers a lot of trail too!

I've got the 850 back with the new 1.6" cobra track on it.  I've got to learn how to ride again.  The Mayor couldn't find the trail leaving the hotel so he went over the snow bank.  I followed him and didn't make it.  A little throttle on the 850 spins that track and if you are not ready for it, it will dig down to the dirt and leave the skis pointing up.  Embarrassing!  🙁

But it was a fun late afternoon ride to get loosened up.  Today looks like a fine day, sunny and -13C.

Jack & Sandi

9 hours ago, mikerider said:

I’ll throw in a couple of carton of Marlboros  🚬 

1 hour ago, 182ray said:

So I just checked the Polaris website and I don’t see where they offer a 4 poke

Is it possible that they have released a 4 poke prototype to their most loyal & long time customers as a limited release?

🤔

Must be the Doo 1200 then. He would not buy a naturally asperated 900.