2019 Riviere du Loup Area Trail Conditions

mikerider

Hi Mike,

I'm glad to see you are putting that new jacket to good use.  It was -20C when we left Saturday morning and it dropped to -28C around La Pocatiere on auto route 20.  We had a good ride home.  If all goes well, we will head back up this Saturday January 26th.  We might snowmobile to RDL instead of trailer this time.  Say hi to Terry for us.

Hi Jak,

Glad to hear you had a safe ride home too.  Maybe catch you on the next run.

Jack & Sandi

The snow guns and wind machine finally shutoff this morning. We saw the groomer go by packing while at breakfast, so we headed out for a short ride and visits to the Polaris and Ski-Doo big kids toy stores. One of those RMKs or Summits would have been great for today.The wind machine is back up and running this evening. 

009.jpg

008.JPG

007.JPG

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.JPG

002.JPG

001.JPG

23 hours ago, SnowCrazed said:

The snow guns and wind machine finally shutoff this morning. We saw the groomer go by packing while at breakfast, so we headed out for a short ride and visits to the Polaris and Ski-Doo big kids toy stores. One of those RMKs or Summits would have been great for today.The wind machine is back up and running this evening. 

009.jpg

008.JPG

007.JPG

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

003.JPG

002.JPG

001.JPG

Nobody knows you with that black jacket Mike, you gotta wear a orange scarf or something!

Dark snowy day today, we had to abort over by the Isle de Verte after the grooming ran out and  trails were drifted and hard to see. Turned around and went south and a Chevellier Burger and soup at the Chevellier Frontier Club House. Lots of snow out there. 2 stucks, sorry, only got picture of SnowCrazed.

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG

Mike, by my calculations, you are well beyond your planned 8 day stay! Was thinking about heading that way, but my guess is there's not a bottle of vino left in the establishment! Looks like your having a blast, keep the pics and stories coming

4 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Terry and Steven,               Tonight was 1/2 price bottles of wine at La Cage. I thought of you both,  I brought half a bottle of La Cerbere Chardonay back to the hotel. Cheers!!!

Be careful Mike, to much grape juice consumption makes for sore head in morning!

12 hours ago, neksledr said:

Be careful Mike, to much grape juice consumption makes for sore head in morning!

Nah it's a White wine 😁

16 hours ago, mikerider said:

Dark snowy day today, we had to abort over by the Isle de Verte after the grooming ran out and  trails were drifted and hard to see. Turned around and went south and a Chevellier Burger and soup at the Chevellier Frontier Club House. Lots of snow out there. 2 stucks, sorry, only got picture of SnowCrazed.

IMG_0480.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG

Must have gotten the stove for free LOL! Got pretty creative on the install but not up to code 😃

On 1/22/2019 at 8:08 PM, mikerider said:

Good idea Jak.   But with this Choko, all the Quebecois wave at me like I am one of them. I like that!

It was great meeting and putting a face to all Mikerider,Quebec Addict Jack and Sandi and all other riders we met last Thursday evening at The Universal.Or plans went out the window after that but managed to ride anyhow.life is good.Be safe hope to see you guys again for a follow up bs session.Gaf.

2 hours ago, Pipeman said:

How is the Indy XC 600 working?  I bought the Indy XC 850 , happy with mine so far (1200) miles. 

Pipeman, this is Polaris 600 #4. The other three were Switchbacks ('14, '16, '18). I'm not sure what changes Polaris made, but the 19 must be better cluched or something else because it's buttery smooth vs. "jerky" from 0-speed like my 16 and 18 were. This sled is also the fasted top end of all the 600s I've had.

The 600s have been good to me mechanically but I have not kept them as many miles as my past Ski-Doos. That only happened because I went from the Rush platform in 14 to the Axys platform in 16 and had the golden ticket for the '18 and '19 sleds.

Powder and/or rail beds are not kind to MPGs with the 600s. While Mike is enjoying 19 MPGs, I'm getting 11 to 12 MPGs. For me, it's not about the extra cost to run, it's about having to make an extra stop for gas everyday.

Honestly, if I was riding up here more than once a season or doing the Gaspe loop, I'd be better off with the 800/850 for the extra MPGs and top end on the rail beds. For my regular riding area of VT and NH, it's perfect.

Good to hear you are enjoying it. I ride Quebec almost exclusively and said I would never buy another two-stroke but here I am again.  I get bored easy so I like to try new things 😀.  I went through four motorcycles in one summer, just ask my wife she remembers 👍

1 hour ago, Pipeman said:

Good to hear you are enjoying it. I ride Quebec almost exclusively and said I would never buy another two-stroke but here I am again.  I get bored easy so I like to try new things 😀.  I went through four motorcycles in one summer, just ask my wife she remembers 👍

Well I guess that's better than going through 4 wives in one summer..... lol