2019 Riviere du Loup Area Trail Conditions

mikerider

1 hour ago, Jackstraw said:

You know this thread is now going to have to show pics of your little buddy on all your adventures this trip! Maybe in the hot tub later?🐵

LOL ,I was thinking the same thing. Maybe showering together ......

1 hour ago, eddieskidoo said:

Blue monkies are bad luck .

You'll see .

I would ditch him asap.! 

Yes on the bad luck, Eddie. Rain, sleet, blinding snow, lost!    I may wait for the right sled to show up at RDL and dump him in their glove box.  When you coming out this way? lol

5 minutes ago, mikerider said:

Yes on the bad luck, Eddie. Rain, sleet, blinding snow, lost!    I may wait for the right sled to show up at RDL and dump him in their glove box.  When you coming out this way? lol

This is starting to sound like an episode of Seinfeld !!

18 minutes ago, Pipemaster said:

This is starting to sound like an episode of Seinfeld !!

The monkey is hereby named George.

I worry if other monkeys find out George is brought inside each night,  other monkeys left tied to sleds may rebel. A monkey uprising,.

He has the gorgeous eyes, a turned up nose and an attractive smile.  You can't bail on him Mike.  He would be heart broken.  Does he smell like he wears perfume?  Be careful where you sniff, George may get the wrong idea of your friendship.

He looks very happy in his new home and guarding the wine.  I think he will be an asset on those days that you don't have anyone to ride with.

What do you say at the border when you bring him into the U.S.?  If you are asked "Did you make any purchases?"  You can say no.  But if they ask "Did you acquire anything in Canada?"  You would have to declare George.  Ah!  Flashes of the illegal dog biscuit episode.

I think you have found a ridding buddy.

Jack & Sandi

I returned from today's ride and entered the room quietly in case my monkey friend was napping.

He wasn't napping. And  Jack, he does more than guard the wine.

I am also thinking of a new monkey game. Whoever has this monkey has only one way to get rid of him. He must be stuffed into a fellow QuebecRider's sled and the new monkey owner must do the same to pass him on and rid himself of the monkey.  If current monkey owner gets caught in the act of 'stuffing the monkey', said current owner must post a selfie with the monkey on QR under the RDL Trail Conditions post. Otherwise, the new owner must at least post a picture of the monkey and report where the monkey has recently traveled.  Let the games begin!!!!!

mike

IMG_0520.JPG

Mike if that is the same bottle of wine, it hasn't gone down much.  Maybe that is the second bottle?  Hmm!

This is going to be called "Stuff the monkey"?  You don't want to discourage riders from stopping at the Universal now being leery of having to handle George.

I see you also have a picture of the cheerleaders.  Were they at the pool today?  Is George entertaining the cheerleaders or looking at the laptop?

Jack & Sandi

Today was frigid but mostly clear skies. Through the tunnels, onto the bypass trails and made my way to Trail #5.  Club Hiboux for coffee and then dropped down to #35 and headed east.  All trails are hard, flat and smooth, up to an inch of snow had fallen in most places after yesterday's freezing rain. I had a good appetite and was looking forward to a return trip to Rockford Resto and Bar.  Back around to #5 and a few miles back up the bypass trail.  Special today: lasagne with a small salad, french fries, soup, and apple pie with ice cream. Please add a cup of coffee. Arrived at 1:00 and place is quite busy. The lasagne was spectacular, the apple pie better than most homemade. The bill, $10.60. Two days ago the hot chicken dinner was $8.00. I wonder how far from the hotel by truck this place is, would make a nice place to have dinner at night that doesn't break the budget. Back to #5 east and onto 561 to repeat yesterdays ride. About 25 miles across before it comes back out to #5 again, probably doesn't save any time or miles, but a quiet, little used piece of heaven that is smooth, a nice mix of fields, power lines and lots of miles of nice woods. Saw a couple dozen deer. Trail is poorly marked, some intersections not marked. Believe I just kept bearing right. Lots of traffic on #5 going west this morning, all other trails pretty quiet. Met one groomer out doing his job, another stuck mired in a ditch. Also saw part of birds or feathers hanging from a small tree along a trail. Tribal or trapping?

IMG_0517.JPG

IMG_0518.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

Mike, a little sad that you left George/Georgia/Georgy/Geo back at the hotel? The guy/girl deserves so much better? Maybe you should rethink your newfound adoption if your just going to abandon him/her throughout the day? Poor little monkey...🐵🐵

1 hour ago, neksledr said:

Mike, a little sad that you left George/Georgia/Georgy/Geo back at the hotel? The guy/girl deserves so much better? Maybe you should rethink your newfound adoption if your just going to abandon him/her throughout the day? Poor little monkey...🐵🐵

When you coming to RDL. Monkey is looking for a new home. Hear about the new game 'stuff the monkey'?

5 minutes ago, mikerider said:

When you coming to RDL. Monkey is looking for a new home. Hear about the new game 'stuff the monkey'?

Wait til your new doggy at home finds about about your new little friend....be prepared for some pouting, especially if that little monkey has a stench to him/her!

It will be fine Mike.  A little freezing rain just gives a little slip and slide.  Maybe do the monkey dance to entertain the snow gods.

I agree with NekSldr, Monkey George should go for a ride with you.  He may meet another monkey out sledding then they could monkey around!  :drinks:

Jack & Sandi

Or Jack, his real owner sees me with his monkey love and beats the crap out of me. (Real owner was in room next to mine, so he will obviously thing I stole the monkey from his sled).That monkey on my sled a few days ago was nothing but bad luck.

I will be playing 'stuff a monkey' very soon.  Monkey just missed a ride to NY this morning. 

This is payback for that story I wrote last winter about the mice in my sled, Delta the bumper thumper monkey humper and her monkey love. I should have got an Oscar for that story.

Instead I got the monkey in my room, just staring, and staring at me with his shitty little grin.  He drinks my wine and sits in the hot tub for hours.

IMG_0523.JPG