2019 Riviere du Loup Area Trail Conditions

mikerider

4 minutes ago, Scranton1 said:

I don’t think anyone can beat that......

if I recall it was 12 hrs to get back to Shawingan in a truck and only 1000 bucks.🤪

I may have to start a new thread.......

Was one of the only rides I wasn't on with Eric.  That would have been a solo truck to Shawinnie! How many miles now on the 850?

On 3/5/2019 at 6:23 AM, revct1 said:

Oh oh!  It just stopped running coming out of that last corner.  It felt like it was firing on one cylinder for hundred meters and then came to a rolling stop.  Did it run out of fuel?  No it was full of fuel 40 miles ago.  Blown belt.  No. 

Boy there is a lot of steam coming out from under that right side panel.  Hey Mike & Joe, I don't remember seeing the pink snow when the sled stopped.  Hmm?  The anti-freeze bottle is empty.  We can only move the primary clutch about an inch in either direction and it makes a funny clunking sound. 

13,000 miles on the 850.  I thought these were going to go further than the 800 E-tecs.  My last two E-tecs I had 15,000 and 13,500 no rebuilds on either.

Sandi isn't with me on this trip.  First time she couldn't make it in years.  Her new 600R is in the trailer!  Should I?

Jack & no Sandi

I'll put the 2-Up seat on this time so you have plenty of room!

LOL

GutZ

8 minutes ago, Jackstraw said:

Was one of the only rides I wasn't on with Eric.  That would have been a solo truck to Shawinnie! How many miles now on the 850?

8000 and change....only rode it 8 times!

isnt it still brand new?😂

i wasn’t thrilled to see Jack blown up

im still under warranty as well

Yesterday and today rode with Mark and GKW. Past week was fantastic trails and weather riding with so many great friends like Jak, Farmerold, Keith, & Jack. Even got to briefly see Snowdog.  Today was windy and there will be some good drifts tomorrow. We did get back to the brick oven pizza again in Cabano.  Few pics of recent days. Also, '19 ACE 900 just went over 6,300 miles. No problems to report. Gas and go.

mike

IMG_0601.JPG

IMG_0609.JPG

IMG_0606.JPG

IMG_0596.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG

Edited by mikerider

Fantastic way to end the season, great riding partners, great weather and a lot of miles. ( and a lot of laughs at "happy hour"). Thanks Mike, Farmer and Jack for the free guide services. You guys really know how to get around that area.  Stress free riding at its best. Nice meeting and riding with Mark & Keith.  Gary, thanks for the breakfast! Pleasant surprise. See you and all the Quebec riders I meant and rode with this winter. (on both sides of the river). Have a great, short summer. BTW, you guys got me thinking hard about a 4-stroke.

Joe

On 3/6/2019 at 12:16 PM, quebec bob said:

You bet, snow check the sled, ride the first season, no payment until April, ride the second season, sell it in March, with 2 years of warranty, and snow check a new one, YOU ONLY HAVE TO MAKE 12 PAYMENTS, NO MONEY DOWN, and it is easy to sell, and never have a problem, and know the new owner has a 2 year warranty, he will not be coming back to you!! I kept too many sleds too long and could not give them away, 2 stroke or four stroke.

Bob please put some figures to your theory. Only 12 payments in 24 months? If, being conservative, the new sled costs $13,000 and depreciates $2,500 a year how does 12 payments cover this? I hope your explanation makes sense because I’m gonna stop writing $15,000 checks and use your method. 

Phil, you cannot ride for free, cannot be done, but boy is it expensive to keep a sled 10 or 12 thousand miles and let the warranty expire. In Mass. there is basically no riding or very limited, maybe 1 week all season this year on marginal snow. You cannot give a sled away here, literally. So if you snow check and take delivery in October, your first payment id due in April of the following spring, so you just rode the first winter with a 500 dollar snow checked sled and put it away for the season with out making a payment yet. you get a transferable 4 year warranty for snow checking the sled. Next season you maybe ride in December, the Jan, Feb. and March. You put the sled up for sale the end of February and make it available mid-March, with a 2 year warranty and i had 3100 miles and kept it mint, not a scratch anywhere. So I listed it here and sold it on the 2nd day, and made 12 payments, and the guy who bought it was very happy. He got a like new sled, with a 2 year warranty, and I got a new sled. 18 people wanted to buy this sled over a 1 week period. If i keep it 3 seasons the price goes way down and it gets much harder to sell. I was never able to get any good money for a 5 year old sled, and put a lot into up keep. So buy something that is popular, keep it 14 or 15 months, snow check it, make 12 payments, and move it. Cheapest sledding i have ever done, period. It took 1 day to release the lien and transfer best warranty, and outside of the 500 down snow check, I rode 2 seasons on somebody else's money, why would I write a 15, 000. check?? This site is where all the serious, able riders are and I never had an easier time selling a sled than I did I here, just like to say thank you for that service, really great,Bob.PS, also bought in no tax New Hampshire  and registered it there, so no tax at home, where there is no riding any way.

26 minutes ago, quebec bob said:

Phil, you cannot ride for free, cannot be done, but boy is it expensive to keep a sled 10 or 12 thousand miles and let the warranty expire. In Mass. there is basically no riding or very limited, maybe 1 week all season this year on marginal snow. You cannot give a sled away here, literally. So if you snow check and take delivery in October, your first payment id due in April of the following spring, so you just rode the first winter with a 500 dollar snow checked sled and put it away for the season with out making a payment yet. you get a transferable 4 year warranty for snow checking the sled. Next season you maybe ride in December, the Jan, Feb. and March. You put the sled up for sale the end of February and make it available mid-March, with a 2 year warranty and i had 3100 miles and kept it mint, not a scratch anywhere. So I listed it here and sold it on the 2nd day, and made 12 payments, and the guy who bought it was very happy. He got a like new sled, with a 2 year warranty, and I got a new sled. 18 people wanted to buy this sled over a 1 week period. If i keep it 3 seasons the price goes way down and it gets much harder to sell. I was never able to get any good money for a 5 year old sled, and put a lot into up keep. So buy something that is popular, keep it 14 or 15 months, snow check it, make 12 payments, and move it. Cheapest sledding i have ever done, period. It took 1 day to release the lien and transfer best warranty, and outside of the 500 down snow check, I rode 2 seasons on somebody else's money, why would I write a 15, 000. check?? This site is where all the serious, able riders are and I never had an easier time selling a sled than I did I here, just like to say thank you for that service, really great,Bob.PS, also bought in no tax New Hampshire  and registered it there, so no tax at home, where there is no riding any way.

What was the payoff amount versus what you got for the sled?

Phil, it cost me 2950 to ride 2 seasons, and 100 dollars to register in New Hampshire, bought the sled at 300 over invoice from Troy Power Sports in New Hampshire, they do that for all out of state orders, even on 2020 models, plus give 10 % off after the sale on oil, parts, clothing, etc. I never did anything other than grease it, and put oil in , 3/4 of a quart every tank, a little tough after riding 4 stroke for the last 8 or 10 seasons. I think any time you can ride a new sled for under 2k a season, you are doing it as cheap as you can

Past couple days have been great trails and great riding. Two days ago south to Packington and back up for lunch at the brick oven pizza restaurant in Cabano. Yesterday to Rimouski and Squatec. We ran into lots of traffic around Rimouski. 

This morning GKW headed home, I woke up with a head cold and Mark's Viper won't start. I was headed home the next day or two anyway, ended season with over 6,500 miles.  

Was blessed with so many friends, both those I rode with and those who stopped to visit. Thank you. And thanks to all who took time to read my posts.

mike

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

6 hours ago, mikerider said:

Past couple days have been great trails and great riding. Two days ago south to Packington and back up for lunch at the brick oven pizza restaurant in Cabano. Yesterday to Rimouski and Squatec. We ran into lots of traffic around Rimouski. 

This morning GKW headed home, I woke up with a head cold and Mark's Viper won't start. I was headed home the next day or two anyway, ended season with over 6,500 miles.  

Was blessed with so many friends, both those I rode with and those who stopped to visit. Thank you. And thanks to all who took time to read my posts.

mike

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

Thanks Mike for all that you do for this web site. We enjoyed reading daily about your season. Having dependable real time BSL conditions is fantastic.

6500 miles is getting it done. Great season.

7 hours ago, mikerider said:

mike

IMG_0613.JPG

IMG_0614.JPG

IMG_0616.JPG

Mike 6500 miles, that's a really great year, no break downs, even better. I am looking forward to retirement where my biggest to do list is wearing out a sled. Still a lot of snow, you will probably ride again, if not have a great summer paddling with your dog. Bob.

Eastmark,           NH Moose reported in his '5 day ride in Gaspe' under the Gaspe section that trails are hard in the RDL section and a couple spots the snow pack is thin near town.

FYI,  Last week a friend reported another 850 went down while they were doing the Gaspe loop. Sorry, I don't have any details.

1 hour ago, mikerider said:

Eastmark,           NH Moose reported in his '5 day ride in Gaspe' under the Gaspe section that trails are hard in the RDL section and a couple spots the snow pack is thin near town.

FYI,  Last week a friend reported another 850 went down while they were doing the Gaspe loop. Sorry, I don't have any details.

As for the 850 lasting mine is being put to the test this past weekend.  Oldest son is with his group riding the LSJ area down to Quebec city and back to the truck today.  Friday I got a report saying how many miles where on that old belt. Hope he cleaned up the belly pan. Something about just going past 80 or maybe 90. 

Haven't heard a word since.  David said no new is good news. Lol

3 hours ago, Shore1066 said:

As for the 850 lasting mine is being put to the test this past weekend.  Oldest son is with his group riding the LSJ area down to Quebec city and back to the truck today.  Friday I got a report saying how many miles where on that old belt. Hope he cleaned up the belly pan. Something about just going past 80 or maybe 90. 

Haven't heard a word since.  David said no new is good news. Lol

Well the report is in. He Had a great time and loved my sled. His normal ride is a 1200 and he liked the lighter front end. His words. Said the trails were hard and fast and all went well.  I  think I will get off my ass and head to Mont laurie on Friday night.  Either the gouin Reservoir or Clova.