A newbie just saying hello to everyone

Cobra

Thanks everyone!!!!! Looking forward to meeting all you folks in my future rides. Usually start my bag rides from RDL, 4 points Sheridan (now called something else) Levi  and like to enter Jackman/ Fort Kent depending on the 14 day ride plan. 

This year I only could do one trip and already completed my 700mile ride North of the La Cabanon( Between Xmas/New Years. That trip always starts my season.Good friends with Dennis and Diane so will always support them.

Enjoyed watching the dogs do there thing at La Blanc.

Welcome to the site, I haven’t been on here too long myself and always find new and interesting info about sledding in different areas of my own province.

Living in pa is very hard to justify owning a snowmobile and all the expense that we go through to fill our addiction.Thats why I love Quebec.Ride forever.

So got tired of my viper last season that I bought brand new in 15. The starting issues drove me nuts for 8000 miles.

I was able to ride a brand new (.6km) 19 g4 900ace renegade ( non turbo) for my recent trip.What an awesome package. The clutching, gearing, and the slight improvement on the motor make this little 900 the best kept secret.All on 87 octane.Seriously thinking about pulling the trigger on a 19/20 model.After 700 miles,

sipping fuel and can get speeds into the 90’s, I don’t think a need the turbo to be happy.

Thoughts on this model / engine.?

Edited by Cobra

That 900 is a sweet engine, very quite, very fuel efficient and has the same get up and go as the 1200 until 60 mph.

Viper starting issues, my riding partner has a 2015 as well and has had a recall last season for the reprogramming of the start, they programmed a 2 turn start. He still has the sled and just received another recall for the same thing, this time they are editing the program for a 1 turn start. 

I know it’s too late for you but did your dealer ever mention the recall?

1 hour ago, PLAYHARD said:

Yeah, nice & quiet, and a little crunchy.

Is it later yet?...

I need opinions on this latest 900 ace in the G4.Im finding myself riding more club trails, fuel stops are getting longer. I’m all about higher HP turbo sleds but shocked about how well this sled ran( wasn’t easy on it) all while getting excellent fuel mileage.

I had a 2014  900 TNT ACE that I put 11,000 trouble free miles on. Then I had a 2014 Renegade 900 ACE I put 15,000 trouble free miles on. Always, and I mean always, started in the coldest weather.  I am in Quebec right now with my new 2019 Renegade  900 ACE. After a day and a half I am already convinced it is even a better sled than the first two, if that is possible.  I love this sled.

52 minutes ago, mikerider said:

I had a 2014  900 TNT ACE that I put 11,000 trouble free miles on. Then I had a 2014 Renegade 900 ACE I put 15,000 trouble free miles on. Always, and I mean always, started in the coldest weather.  I am in Quebec right now with my new 2019 Renegade  900 ACE. After a day and a half I am already convinced it is even a better sled than the first two, if that is possible.  I love this sled.

Right!!!!!! Starts no matter what temp outside.Could do all the same speeds as my old viper with less hp, and way better fuel mileage.That motor felt right at home with the Quebec temps.IMO.

Excellent feedback.... thankyou.

Btw... the G4 ergo’s felt way better than previous renegades which is why I’m seriously looking at Skidoo.

Welcome to QR.  The new 900 Ace non turbo is on my radar for next season.  Currently running a 2014 TNT ACE with 6000 miles and a 2015 GSX ACE with 5000 miles.  Only issue is the reverse on the 2015 but other than that...great sleds.  Hoping to get mikerider's amount of trouble free miles on them...wow !

7 minutes ago, VTrider said:

Welcome to QR.  The new 900 Ace non turbo is on my radar for next season.  Currently running a 2014 TNT ACE with 6000 miles and a 2015 GSX ACE with 5000 miles.  Only issue is the reverse on the 2015 but other than that...great sleds.  Hoping to get mikerider's amount of trouble free miles on them...wow !

I really liked the mechanical reverse feature on the 19 rather than the button feature on the previous models.My 700 mile impression was HOME RUN!!!