A newbie just saying hello to everyone

Cobra

4 minutes ago, Cobra said:

I really liked the mechanical reverse feature on the 19 rather than the button feature on the previous models.My 700 mile impression was HOME RUN!!!

Yeah my 2014 has mechanical rev....  definitely the way to go.  

• 1 month later...

Well since I was basically taking this season off and only did one small trip before the first of the year and being sledless.

Came across a 19 renegade x 600r loaded with 0 miles. Not ridden due to injury.

My new ride!!!

Anybody running the new 600r?

3B8662AD-F1C9-4F3A-98C8-7740A68D6657.jpeg

1484F518-E5FE-4A75-85D8-DE4D80A2BB5F.jpeg

Edited by Cobra

9 minutes ago, mikerider said:

The red Gen 4's look so sharp! Couple QueberRiders are getting some higher miles on theirs and they have been  flawless.

mike

Yea this color combo really looks sharp in person. Wasn’t sure initially.

All my riding partners are all on pre 18 etecs so really curious on this 600r. 

I have the same sled have about 3200mi. and I get better mileage than Mike (when he actually fills his all the way up!) Seriously it is a good running sled, plenty of power and a fella that I rode with has a 900 ace, (who was close to my weight) and I would take a quart more on fill up. I'm gonna throw a couple bags of cement on Mike"s sled then we'll see who gets better mileage! I like the way my 2015 Renegade handled better than this G4, not worse just different. Made a couple changes and will see how it handles next week in RDL.

1 hour ago, jak said:

I have the same sled have about 3200mi. and I get better mileage than Mike (when he actually fills his all the way up!) Seriously it is a good running sled, plenty of power and a fella that I rode with has a 900 ace, (who was close to my weight) and I would take a quart more on fill up. I'm gonna throw a couple bags of cement on Mike"s sled then we'll see who gets better mileage! I like the way my 2015 Renegade handled better than this G4, not worse just different. Made a couple changes and will see how it handles next week in RDL.

My sweetspot is 45-75mph with the occasional wack of the throttle. I think this motor will do me just fine and with good mpg’s.

After about 30miles on the g4 renegade I was riding I got a handle on the characteristics and with minor adjustments on the trail I was happy being it was a rental.

Now I’ll make this sled my own!!!

keep me in the loop as far as any issues with the motor.

1 hour ago, jak said:

I did have one problem, it would not hold rpm and ran fine at times and not so fine at others. I would have bet money it was the clutches but took to a dealer in QC and it wound up being a clogged fuel filter.

How many miles on sled when you experienced your issue?

We don't always have the luxury of moving on to the next fuel station when we are on the sled but I have made it a standing practice since I learned to drive not to get fuel when the tanker is present. Tanker drivers that I have spoken with , when I inquire specifically what they are delivering have told me with todays filters it is not a concern, other tanker drivers have told me they too practice what I preach...move on..let it settle.

2 hours ago, smclelan said:

Clogged fuel filter likely came from one dirty fill up. Tanks at a station very low, or just filled by the tanker and the underground tank stirred up.

On 2/24/2019 at 3:32 PM, smclelan said:

Clogged fuel filter likely came from one dirty fill up. Tanks at a station very low, or just filled by the tanker and the underground tank stirred up.

I agree and I think I know where, remember Mike?

• 2 weeks later...

Since I got this new sled unexpectedly this year, I’m able to break free for a short 3day ride.

Going the La Cabanon 27-30.Just going to get out of break in and try to dial in sled to my liking, so my question is how is that area holding up.