Suggestions planning Gaspe trip the end of January

2018RENAGADEXRS850

1 hour ago, 2018RENAGADEXRS850 said:

Really appreciate your feed back.

I see the orange trail#13 from #5 just south of Gaspe which takes you over to 597. Are you suggesting we then take 597 south towards Chandler then up #5 to Perce? Is Perce a must see on this trip?

Everyone is different, but personally I kind of missed the appeal of Perce Rock, so for me it isn't a must do. Based on how you are starting, here is an option:

• Valga to St Anne des Mont - Stay at Hotel & Cie, recently renovated and good food. (Stayed at Relais Chic Choc once and that was enough)
  • St Anne des Mont to Chandler via the 597 - Motel Fraser in Chandler isn't fancy but has fantastic food
  • Chandler to Gaspe to Murdochville - little back track here- up the 597 to the orange trail, over to Gaspe, around the tip on the 5 and drop down to Murdochville. Hotel Copper is the only game in town - eaten there but never stayed. 
  • Remainder of the route as above

Yes, thats a good idea to do Murdochville to PALC if we don't need the extra day. Then we could take the 587 to Amqui then up 579 and cross #5 back to Domaine Valga?

Yes, that would be a real nice run.

Also, there is a great B&B in PALC called La Maison Verte - trail goes within a couple hundred feet of it.

TY again for taking the time to post your suggestions.

2 hours ago, smclelan said:

Most yes, but lots of areas in between with nothing. 

And I will add it depends on your provider, Verizon is usually better than ATT in my experience

• 1 year later...