mini report & oxygen review

doo4adoo

OK so there's no pictures, don't adjust your screen. Too cold  for that this weekend.

We left La Glaciere Saturday morning. Haven't stayed there before or left from there in maybe 15 years. Clean room, secure parking etc. Was looking to start as Le Cabano but so does everyone else and no room. So a leisurely 9 am start. We took the 65,345 and 360 to Matawin. All good coverage and at least 8-10 or better. No complaints from our group. Gas and quick snack at the station and on wards to La Touque by 355. Had nice lunch at La Touque at Marineaus? gas and on wards. 73 North to Relais 22. Smooth sailing although at times i did consider the road asits straighter and easier on the old body but stuck with it. Gassed at Relais 22 and on wards to Windigo for the night. 83 was freshly groomed and we passed him going in the trail to Windigo. Beauty! Side note. Clab has detoured a section from here as I belive logging will be starting. They said the original trail was still being used by others and it was decent and we took this. The new section had tigs galore. Never been at Windigo in the past and I though I was in the wrong place. Picture looked different but then maybe I should update some of my pics as well. Opened the door and nice women says Mike? Guess I'm at the right place or a long lost girlfriend found me.  Reasonable dinner, wings, smokes meat, fries combo and cheap wine. All good but WiFi intermittent at best so early to bed. Only a few others in for the night.

Showers are great if you're short and thin. I hate short plumbers who put the head to low. Sunday breakfast and ready to go until I realize my engine oil cap was off and oil has sputtered out. Not good. Fortunately the cap was under the engine and Martine had some 4 stroke oil to top me off.  Nicely groomed but lots of snow dust. Look down for a second and there's many stop signs and 90 corner. Opps! Well lets hit the brakes and turn quick. Bad idea. I see the roll coming so I bail. No fluffy snow for me to land in. Hard packed. Ouch. It'll be a few days before I walk properly. Sled OK other than a crack in the plastic. Lets go to Werotaci? Again all groomed the night before but where they detoured we stuck to the road/trail which had lots of snow overall but watch the ice in sections. One buddy had sled issues just before town so held us up for a couple of houses until we found the right Indian to truck buddy an sled back to Laglacier. And then there were 3. Carried along the 83. Hadn't been groomed recently in my opinion but those who ride it know that's OK. Still wide open running. Looking for the 345 south towards Cassey. First intersection says detour and points to keep going. OK but a little worried as the map hadn't shown grooming so not sure what to expect A while later here's the intersection and a beauty ride down through Casey to Kanawata for lunch & gas. So been there once before and remembered to turn left. Well surprise. Trails changed this year. Back to Lodge and they said go back 10 miles turn right and that's the trail. This is a nice trail with the exception of maybe last section coming into Repo's Place is empty so we get some gas and onward.. We take the 33 and 63 back to Le Cabono as that's where my buddy who went back earlier is to meet us.. Being a Sunday and this close to civilization some areas were not as nice as other but honestly good still . Won't matter now as we passed 2 groomers. Pulled into Le Cabano and buddy is there and truck toasty warm for us. Success all around. We all have our body parts and they function. To summarize trails were good almost every where. Very little crap.

So now haw did the new Oxygen helmets do??

Well very good. Performed as advertised. We had 3 and one had a new shield from the previous weekend and none failed. Warm. at times I had to crack it open. The little switch I didn't play with to adjust, The only thing is the front lower piece that's not within the helmet will ice up and depending on temps if you're opening & closing will need the ice picked off so its closes tight. Really enjoyed the no mouthpiece and the quietness. On a side note mine is wired to a the rear battery with an inline fuse. Be sure to have extras in case the magnetic piece hits other metal when its powered and causes a fuse problem. I carry extras so was OK.  So I will be returning  the 2 extra shields I brought along for insurance.

Get out and ride!

Mike

Manawan has come along way from years ago. New supermarket and the hotel there is nice and new. It’s right across the street from the police station up on the hill at the beginning of town. Buddy and I stayed there one night last Christmas week and I wouldn’t hesitate to stay there again.