Late season Trip

Andyman

We left Bathurst on Wednesday Mar 26th morning and rode to Dundee for fuel, table top entire route. Continued west to Kedgwick for lunch and on to Edmundston for 450km. Trails were excellent and very low traffic. Thursday morning we headed north into Quebec on TQ85. We picked up RT 569 and had absolute perfect riding until Auclair. At this point the groomer turned around and the signs stopped as well. So it was time for some Andyman here goes nothing cross country dead reckoning with the help of my trusty GPS. We knew we wanted to get to Squatec it was just a matter of if we would be able to do it on snowmobile trails or the highway! Well we managed to make it to Squatec and pick up Rt548 to Biencourt. I have a feeling the portion of the 569 between Auclair and Squatec has either been abandoned or the groomer has been down for a very long time! Fueled in Biencourt and headed south to Moose Valley. The portion of this trail from Biencourt to the NB/QC border has not been groomed in a long time but when you get to the provincial boundry it goes from a cow path to TABLETOP big time. Continued to Moose Valley for a burger and then St Quentin and south toward Grand Falls. Picked up #115 and we came to another dead end in a field with the biggest snow banks I have ever seen. They were so high that I had to check to see if there was enough clearance between me and the hydro wires as I climbed to the top to try to find the trail on the other side of this road. Needless to say this was the end of 115 for us and we backtracked to find 116 and try a diffferent route. This worked much better and we rode on to Riley Brook for fuel on great trails. We ended the day at Serpentine with 530 km. At about 9pm no less than 2 groomers showed up from Doaktown. The guys had been on the trail for 15 hours and they did not have to think twice when Alyre offered them a cool beverage!!! The next morning we headed for Bathurst and I don't think I have seen piston alley any better ever! Hard and fast with just enough loose snow for lube. We ended the trip with 1147 km over 2.5 days. This portion of NB and QC still has incredible snow depths and it is a matter of the rain holding off and the trails not getting too rough as the grooming will soon be over for this year. The Nepisiquit trails were groomed to perfection and this organization deserves a giant Thank You from those of us lucky enough to have ridden these trails this year.

The next day I rode to Poley and watched the hill climb and then slowly made my way back to the clubhouse as I had the feeling this could be my last ride of the season. I always hate to see it end but I look toward next year with hope that it will be a safe and snow filled season like this one!

Andy

Pic is Nepisiquit River by Popple Depot on Friday.